Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Switching maps?

I switched to a different map to try it out, then switched back.. all of my mods are gone. Switching to a previous back up didn't return the mods. Your video states the database will be wiped, but doesn't say anything about the previous back ups not saving those mods.

What's the point of having additional maps available if you can''t access them without destroying your current database?

Looks like I'll be modifying my own pbo's because I'm not paying to have those installed again.

I switched to a different map to try it out, then switched back.. all of my mods are gone. Switching to a previous back up didn't return the mods. Your video states the database will be wiped, but doesn't say anything about the previous back ups not saving those mods.

What's the point of having additional maps available if you can''t access them without destroying your current database?

Looks like I'll be modifying my own pbo's because I'm not paying to have those installed again.

did you save your original mission and server pbos then re-upload them?

That's not really an option from the main server window, other than manually taking the files off line, then installing the new map, then re-installing manually when I'm finished. That's entirely guess work on my part since the instructional video didn't say that was a necessity. I kind of figured a back up is a back-up.

My loss, I guess.

did you save your original mission and server pbos then re-upload them?

That's not really an option from the main server window, other than manually taking the files off line, then installing the new map, then re-installing manually when I'm finished. That's entirely guess work on my part since the instructional video didn't say that was a necessity. I kind of figured a back up is a back-up.

My loss, I guess.

Not sure if Im correct but back ups only back up the server data as in players stuff added and or builds that have been built don't they ?

If you have a server.pbo and a mission.pbo downloaded from the first server ( I download one every time I update a file and keep all those backed up in 2 places at home and online)

Surely if you upload the downloaded .pbo's would the server not be back to where it was before you changed the map?

Just curious as I have read on here about if server files get corrupt you need to change map and then go back to you first map to reinstall a fresh copy of said map, Then I would think you could re-upload the old .pbs you downloaded and before reset and it would be back with all your scripts and bases - gear etc

MegaZ

Not sure if Im correct but back ups only back up the server data as in players stuff added and or builds that have been built don't they ?

If you have a server.pbo and a mission.pbo downloaded from the first server ( I download one every time I update a file and keep all those backed up in 2 places at home and online)

Surely if you upload the downloaded .pbo's would the server not be back to where it was before you changed the map?

Just curious as I have read on here about if server files get corrupt you need to change map and then go back to you first map to reinstall a fresh copy of said map, Then I would think you could re-upload the old .pbs you downloaded and before reset and it would be back with all your scripts and bases - gear etc

MegaZ

curious too megaz, i think all the issues with my mods are coming from tavi not being a standard map, i want to change to a standard map to try it but scared it will cock everything up lol you know how the control panel can be

curious too megaz, i think all the issues with my mods are coming from tavi not being a standard map, i want to change to a standard map to try it but scared it will cock everything up lol you know how the control panel can be