Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Error opening ServerGrid.json with Editor

emomobile

Instead of creating my own map from scratch, I figure I could just edit the default one from SS. However when I try and open it, I get an error:

Failed to parse project json, Message: Cannot deserialize the currentJSON array (e.g. (1,2,3)) into type
'system.Collections.Generic.Dictionary'2[system,String,System,String)' because the type requires a JSON object (e.g. r name·:·valueL}) to deserialize correctly,
To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON object (e.g.
}"name":"value"}) or change the deserialized type to an array or a type
that implements a collection interface (e.g. |Collection, |List) like List<T>
that can be deserialized from a JSON array, JsonArrayAttribute can also
be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON array.
Path 'OverrideShooterGameModeDefaultGamelni', line 18, posit ion 46,

This is gibberish to me. Anyone know how to fix this?

so I submitted a ticket and got the original file, gee the basic 2x2 sucks. well there just one tile B1 or 1,0 that real sucks has nothing you need on it.

I cant find a way to work with and existing file keep getting that odd error. Would be nice, have folks on there server already doing thing don't want to wipe everything to make them start over. 

but everything I read say ya have to start over, if you change the server json. if some one else knows otherwise late me know. 

They gave me the 2x2 template files that they use here at Survival. I was able to open and edit those. You do not have to start over unless you have people who have built on all of the islands already and then you pretty much cannot replace any of the existing islands without structures being out in the middle of the ocean or clipping through the new islands you make. Now you can add islands to the map without removing any and that does not require a wipe. Honestly if you want to redo the map its best to just wipe now, otherwise just add new ones and keep moving. 

They gave me the 2x2 template files that they use here at Survival. I was able to open and edit those. You do not have to start over unless you have people who have built on all of the islands already and then you pretty much cannot replace any of the existing islands without structures being out in the middle of the ocean or clipping through the new islands you make. Now you can add islands to the map without removing any and that does not require a wipe. Honestly if you want to redo the map its best to just wipe now, otherwise just add new ones and keep moving. 

Hi Black so you where able to edit some of the Islands?

There has not been any major building in the area, I think I could go over and nuke the few things that where build like beds and camp fires. I only have B1 that I want to change a round thanks, 

I have been able to change the JSON by cutting and pasting into a json text editor but without the map editor it is real hit and miss with what exact island gets added, has anyone else figured this one out?