Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Specific Resources

suzzette

Anyone having trouble with any resources at all? 

For instance, I am trying to make ingots but cannot because I need certain metals. Everything I harvest is literally called "metal". Nothing is silver, iridium, copper or any other type of metal to make those ingots.

I went to get some screenshots to show what I mean. Example, the node for chalcedony (aka flint) is correct when harvested. However, the copper node shows up as metal and harvests as metal instead of copper. 

post-7880-0-16195800-1546039408_thumb.png

post-7880-0-88288900-1546039422_thumb.png

im having the same trouble i have a forge but all i ever get is generic metal i never get iron or copper even though the rock im mining says pure copper it still gives me generic metal

That's what I'm trying to say...  I've got a node that says it's supposed to be "Copper" but comes up as labeled as "metal" when harvested. That's why I attached the screenshots to show that the "Pure Copper" node states "metal". 

If the node is supposed to be copper, and it comes up harvested as metal, you can't craft an copper ingot. 

yea im holding h and inspecting the node so i dont know if this is a private server glitch or maybe we have to have specific tools? have you tried mining with a metal pick yet? its the only thing i can think of i havent tried.

Hmmm. I know that you can get the different ores from the base rocks if your rates are high enough (10x). I have not played vanilla or really enough to tell you past the fact I found several small nodes that looked brown/grey that gave me silver and iron. Usually up on the top of mountains near gems.