Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Can’t view/edit my .cs files

Milkmanty

I’m very new to this and am very well Messing something very simple up, but I for the life of me can no longer view/edit my .cs files to change my plugins and oxide doesn’t seem to see them any more either.

First off, I just started a Rust server as it’s something I’ve been interested in for some time but didn’t know where to start or what to do. I found this site and thought why not, let’s give it a go and learn as you go, so I dove in. I found out I needed FileZilla to upload my plugins to oxide, I did this and once there I could right click view/edit and change them to how ever I pleases, restated my server and my changes took place, everything worked great! Then after trying a bunch of different settings out with the plugins I wanted, decided I liked what I had and wanted to start from scratch so my friends could join in and we could all start together on the same playing field, I needed to wipe the server. I wiped the server and that’s when everything fell apart, my plugins wouldn’t respond, so I read up, I needed to reinstall oxide, so I did, still nothing. So I deleted the plugins and reuploaded them, this time when I did that the icon next to them changed from a notepad looking thing to an internet explorer icon? I don’t know why that changed. Then when I tried to view/edit them, I can’t, they won’t open, they just act like I need to download them again, over and over, and I’ve been fighting that for the last two days straight trying to figure it out on my own and realized, I need help! I have no idea what I’m doing, even though at first it seemed like I did everything right and understood what I was doing.

In short, I wiped my server and deleted my plugins and after I did that I can no longer view/edit them, I don’t know what I did or how I can fix it, help please? =(