Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Adjusting gather XP etc server settings

Earicus

Hi all.  I'm new to this, let's get that out of the way lol.  We are in desperate need to adjust some gather, taming, XP etc values for our new server.   I saw a link to a FTP guide.... don't know anything about this.

Is that the only way to adjust these settings?   Any guidence or help is greatly appreciated as we are loving this game but need to bump up these vanilla values! 

Thanks.

Aye, the current method (Until all appropriate values can be accurately determined and added to the tool) for modifying all configs is via FTP.

There is information regarding your FTP's connection listed in your SS Control Panel. Using the FTP guide, you can get set up to navigate to that FTP and make your modifications. Just follow the guide and you should be good.

It should be made very clear though, that changes to your servers .ini files MUST be done and saved while the server is Offline!

There are several threads with "suggested" settings to be changed. However, again as the game is still Very much new, people are working very hard together to determine what is a valid settings change and what is not. So please understand that you make changes at your own risk.

Many of these settings Will be in your control panel in the near future though!

The settings I myself have tested successfully are XP, Taming and Harvest. So take that for what its worth.

The FTP guide is Very helpful though.

Locking this thread as all information is already in other threads.