Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Issues adjusting server difficulty

Hi there, My fiancee and I have been trying to figure this out for atleast an hour. We go to the game server configuration through the Survival Servers website and changing difficulty in the .ini code there and It has not been working.

We have also tried going to her server files and over riding the difficulty in the .ini file. All we want is to get the wild max dino level to 150 and not 30. Please help us.

Thank you.

EDIT: FOUND THE ANSWER

Edited by Skittelz

Hi there, My fiancee and I have been trying to figure this out for atleast an hour. We go to the game server configuration through the Survival Servers website and changing difficulty in the .ini code there and It has not been working.

We have also tried going to her server files and over riding the difficulty in the .ini file. All we want is to get the wild max dino level to 150 and not 30. Please help us.

Thank you.

EDIT: FOUND THE ANSWER

If you found the answer, could you at least please tell us what it was? I'm having a simular problem

The ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 has to be in the launch parameters, so you have to set Map to Custom, then adjust your launch parameters in the new box that appears.

So if I leave it on Ragnarok, all my custom settings won't take place? And does the ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0go in the Game.ini or GameUserSettings.ini file?

You can still use Ragnarok, it'll just be specified in the launch parameters too. For instance, here's mine (slightly redacted) for a Scorched Earth:

ScorchedEarth_P?NoBattlEye?Multihome=999.999.999.999?Port=18115?QueryPort=18116?SessionName=Almost Paradise: Newbie-Friendly PVE 3x SE?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=redacted?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18117?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk99999?ForceAllStructureLocking=true?GameModIDs=731604991,793605978,655261420,725398419,670764308?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0?AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true?PreventSpawnAnimations=true

I don't know what the magic word for Ragnarok is there at the start, but if you are set to Ragnarok and then you tell the control panel to switch to a custom map, it should fill in the launch parameters automatically, then you can add stuff to the end as you need to. Then, from then on, if you change password, mods, etc., you'll have to do it here. (I do it here and in the other fields too, just in case I ever switch back or something.) You can see this is also where I set a few other parameters that maybe have to be set there (or at least used to when I first set them): ForceAllStructureLocking, AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery, bAllowUnlimitedRespecs, and PreventSpawnAnimation.