Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Timed out since 258.71

Antony

Hi, I need a little help please since yesterdays update when i try to start Ark it loads mods then loads Ark  then on the final screen it goes black the i get a host timed out and i go back the the Ark main screen, I have auto updates on for Ark and for mods. Anyone have any ideas please????

Help!

Thanks Antony 

You may want to clear out your local mods & server mods in order to grab fresh copies. Hopefully all of these mods are up to date with the latest ARK version. 

You can clear out mods on your control panel & reinstall by:

1. Check off `Clean SteamCMD Folder`
  2. Check off `Clean Mods Folder`
  3. Under Update, select `Yes, run update`
  4. Click `Save Settings & Restart Game Server`

This will wipe the mod files and grab fresh copies;

As for your client:

1. Navigate to your Steam apps folder. Guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-mK-wCXxk
  2. Navigate to ARK/ShooterGame/Content/Mods/
  3. Delete all of the folders and files in this folder
  4. Restart Steam
  5. Launch ARK once
  6. Click the "Launch" button on our control panel. Wait for all of the mods to install (in the bottom right corner, could take up to 30-60 min depending on internet speed) and then exit the ARK window after it is finished downloading/installing.
  7. Click the "Launch" button one more time. This time no mods should be installed (if there are then repeat this step again until all mods are installed)