Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

New server with 2 small problems hope some here knows more

Hey there

Yestoday i got a server here, for ark.  but i have 2 problems.

In "Modify Server Config" i made small boosts on taming speed and allow 3rd person mode. stuff like that nothing big.

i click "stop server, save and restart server" button and still the changes is not in game. 

why does it not work?   (i had an ark server long ago and never had this kind problem before)

it keep saying: Outdated Version - Your server ARK version may be outdated.

Server is version 257.48 and in the moment it is the newest version so why is it outdated?

I run no mods so that cant be the problem. The map i use is: The Center

Really hope anyone here can tell me what i can do to fix it.

Thanks for any help i can get :)

Hey there Snakkepus, whenever you analyze the gameusersettings.ini, it should provide you with the multipliers that are currently in effect for the server. Most of them are near the top. As an example, here's some of mine.

DifficultyOffset=1.000000XPMultiplier=4.000000TamingSpeedMultiplier=3.000000HarvestAmountMultiplier=3.000000

Whenever you analyze this, what do you have on yours? If it shows anything other than 1.000000 then that means the effect should be in place. Some of these may also be within the game.ini document. In regards to your second question that can be ignored since it seems to sporadically appear for me too, even if I'm fully up to date. Whether or not it's actually a error with the site I can't say.

just looked in ftp it looks like a clean file (i mean orginal file) 

none of the changes i made are there but they are where i made them... 

i used: Modify Server Config  thats just below Restart Interval

so if i make changes there i guess they dont import to the server directly.

Just now got home so I can look more into this. Within the Modify Server Config, at the very bottom you should have 3 options for saving the .ini information. The default is "Stop server, save form values, save to .ini files, start server." Is this option selected when you press "Save Configuration" at the very bottom? If you can provide any screenshots showing your procedure that will help immensely (Make sure you blot out any personal data such as passwords that may be on the screen.)

As far as the message of being outdated, it sometimes shows for no reason. Just compare your server version to the current version listed int eh launcher and if they match just ignore the outdated message.