Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Ark server crashing every hour or so

I bought a 10 person server earlier this month and have recently run into the issue of it crashing about every hour this has resulted a bit of lost progress until we remembered to save the world state. We are currently running 8 mods that shouldn't be conflicting everything that is been changed in the server settings is relatively minor, mostly for hatching/farming. Some suggestions on what to try would be much appreciated.

I would pick a day and tell everyone the server will be down, then on that day, make a save and back it up remotely via FTP. Then take out half of the mods, start the server up, log in, and try doing things just a little bit. See if it crashes. Then try the other half the mods. Whichever half causes it to crash, try taking out half of those, and so on. In a few hours you should have identified which mod, if you remove it from the set of eight, stops the crashing from happening. Odds are it's just one of them which will do it (because of a conflict with another, perhaps). Then decide if you can live without that mod. Remove it, restore the backup, and tell your players they can get back in.

I bought a 10 person server earlier this month and have recently run into the issue of it crashing about every hour this has resulted a bit of lost progress until we remembered to save the world state. We are currently running 8 mods that shouldn't be conflicting everything that is been changed in the server settings is relatively minor, mostly for hatching/farming. Some suggestions on what to try would be much appreciated.

Cat2198,

If anyone is running a forcetame command while mounted this could be causing your server to crash. This is a bug that sprung up from a patch about a month ago. If that is not the case I would recommend removing the mods for the day and see if server crashes. If no crash occurs add the mods back in groups. This process will help isolate which could be causing the issue. If you are unable to resolve this issue after those attempts please have a ticket opened and we will be glad to comb through and find any troubles we can assist you with.