Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to add autolock for pve involving storages etc

jman55

Hello,

I know that setting I need to add, but I am not sure how? I want to add that all things are locked instead of unlocked to prevent griefing. I want to add ForceAllStructureLocking=true but it needs to be under serversettings, not gameusersettings.ini. 

I don't think it's currently amongst the things you can set with the Modify Server Config button, and there's no 'custom game.ini' block either, last time I looked. (Hopefully someone will chime in and correct me on this. I don't really use that tool so I don't keep up on the details, I just glanced through it now to make this post.)

Which means you need to use an FTP client like Filezilla to connect, browse to the Config/WindowsServer folder, and edit the Game.ini file to add that line to the bottom. It's best to do this while your server is stopped, then start it after you've saved the change.

This may seem like a lot of hassle, but it's a great technique to learn. Once you get over the learning curve of learning FTP it will prove a powerful tool for editing your config files for other changes, plus it's a good way to make your own backups of your data files, which is very helpful for peace of mind as well as for things like making a change but being ready to roll back in case the change proves disastrous (particularly important when fiddling about with mods).

See the LRN2FTP thread for details on how to learn and use FTP.