Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Lost EVERYTHING...

Our Server has been completely stuffed... We have lost EVERYTHING, all our Dinos', all our resources, our base is now not even owned by us, our toons have started again... I logged in to be stuck inside of a stone foundation in MY Base, it was not owned by me anymore and I couldnt even destroy it. This has happened after the recent update 255.

See below pic (right click-open in new tab)

post-4607-0-82869800-1488556037_thumb.jpg

We have spent months breeding Ptera's, we have (had) babies born to lvl 254, awesome stats, some amazing colours inc. Ultra Bright Blue wings with Black bodies. Ultra Bright Green with Green/Black bodies. That is just a few and just the Ptera's. We have (had) also bred high lvl Blue Anylo's, Blue Deod's and Red/Black Argents, Red and Black 180+ Giga's. Lvl 200+ Quetz's etc etc the list goes on.

We have invested on this Server alone, over 1000 hrs between 3-4 peeps. Its not the money we pay to have our Server hosted, its the time and work involved with selective breeding etc.

I'm not blaming anyone for the loss, but I just dont understand how even our saves from before the update, that were fine before, are now corrupt.

I have searched for an answer, even looking if this has happened to anyone else, but cant find anything at all... Are we the only ones?

I am just posting this as I now see no hope to get anything back, very unhappy as I am now most likely going to close my account and shut down the server. This is mainly a warning to others.... Save, Save, Save....
Thanks for reading my post, good luck to others :)

None of your prior backups work? Even if they look the same filesize, give them a try.

Due to the Dino going poof bugs, I have to restore a backup daily and seems to work.

I have not experienced a loss like you have though. wow, just wow.

Is the server locked? if not, it may have been raided.

Thanks for your input :)

Only 1 backup works to start the server, that is the one that has lost everything. Server is Password protected and only a few friends play it.

Parts of our base are there, lots missing all over the place, storage cupboards are there as are fabricators, forges etc but everything inside gone, like 200k + stone, 200k + wood etc etc and nothing belonging to us (we are the only tribe). We had at least 300 Dinos, all dissappeared.

I am as I type, still going through the backups but not getting anywhere :(

Just odd your other backups from the drop down window arent working for you. If you havent, you may want to make ticket with support asap.

When you create it, you should received an email confirmation immediately since that is automated im guessing. I say this cause I have problems in the past creating a ticket, and it never go to them. What you are experiencing is not normal nor good. If you are running mods, try removing those first, clean that folder from the panel. Right down all your mod codes first.

Do you know how to use FTP? There are 20 backup files stored on your server, each from 2hrs10mins apart.

The control panel backup feature is quite frankly terrible. I think it shows you like three backup options with 6+ hour intervals? Icky.

FTP is definitely your friend when admin'ing a third-party hosted server.

Good idea Rawblin. Yes, FTP would be good.

As for the panel, I think it works great. Although mine has 19 backups available to restore from. But yes the 6 hr intervals, blah.

I have to note the FTP again. :)

The control panel backup feature is quite frankly terrible. I think it shows you like three backup options with 6+ hour intervals? Icky.

These are third party off-site backups, just FYI. We'll eventually increase the frequency but right now we are dealing with massive amounts of data processing to get it every 6 hours.. probably by summer we can extend it to bi-hourly or better.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I have used all the 20 available backup's inc downloading them from the IP/Host link on the Control Panel.

Only 1 will start the server, that is also the one that has an abandoned base, no dino's. I have wasted days trying to fix our server but nothing I do is working. As of today, the list of backups is getting closer to losing the only good one. Tomorrow even that one will be gone, although I have saved it to my PC, I am unsure as to how to get it loaded back up to use on the Control Panel. I dont think the FTP will help if the only 1 that works is from just before the update.

So now my last attempt is another support ticket to see if they can help. If not, I am shutting down my server, closing my account and asking for last months money back. Thanks again to those that have offered some help.

It's probably mod related. Sometimes a mod will cause data corruption (stuck on Loading)

We can take a look via support ticket. If you let me know your ticket # here I can make sure it is brought to our attention for someone who is familiar with this issue. I know it is frustrating.