Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Make me admin no longer works

Soluss

​Sigh a bunch of problems so far.  I died in game lost like 4 levels and there was nothing on my corpse to loot so lost all my stuff too.  No big deal.  Logged out and back in later to find that I was then deleveled all the way down to level 2 and the work since I lost my stuff was gone again.

Next I come back home to find none of my friends have been able to get on.  Needed an update I guess.  Updated and everything was wiped including my character.

Fine no big deal.  We will all start from scratch.  Now I can't even get access to admin functions anymore.  I tried things like updating password in control panel and modifying server config.  I tried various stops/starts/restarts, etc.  Nothing works.  When I click "make me admin" in game it asks me for my password.  I enter my password and nothing happens.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

You didn't log into your server.  There was a problem with todays patch.

Hit escape when you are logged in and look at the bottom, it says what server you are on.

What is happening is there is a bug if you join from a friend or from favorites, it logs you into a random server.

The fix for now is load the client first, then log in through favorites or a friend who is already in the server.