Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Modify game.ini not working

Azgarod

Hello, I'm attempting to modify the .ini in order to allow cave beacons to drop element and to change the spider and mega boss on the center to .5 of their stats. The coding I have should be good and I used winscp to upload the changes. They are showing in the server control page as being in the .ini and the server is working, but cave loot is still no element.

Is there something I'm missing?

nothing in the logs, but i think i found the issue

the bold code keeps changing position when i start the server, normally it's before each line, but it changes itself 

ConfigOverrideSupplyCrateItems=
(SupplyCrateClassString="DinoDropInventoryComponent_BossSpider_TheCenter_C",MinItemSets=1,MaxItemSets=1,NumItemSetsPower=1.0,bSetsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemSets=((MinNumItems=1,MaxNumItems=1,NumItemsPower=1.0,SetWeight=1.0,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemEntries=((EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Element_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=25.0,MaxQuantity=100.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0)))))
(SupplyCrateClassString=SupplyCrate_Cave_QualityTier2_C",MinItemSets=1,MaxItemSets=1,NumItemSetsPower=1.0,bSetsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemSets=((MinNumItems=1,MaxNumItems=2,NumItemsPower=1.0,SetWeight=1.0,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemEntries=((EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Element_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=1.0,MaxQuantity=5.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0),(EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemArmor_TekHelmet_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=0.0,MaxQuantity=1.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=true,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0),(EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemArmor_TekGloves_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=0.0,MaxQuantity=1.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=true,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0)))))
(SupplyCrateClassString=SupplyCrate_Cave_QualityTier3_C",MinItemSets=1,MaxItemSets=1,NumItemSetsPower=1.0,bSetsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemSets=((MinNumItems=1,MaxNumItems=1,NumItemsPower=1.0,SetWeight=1.0,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemEntries=((EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Element_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=3.0,MaxQuantity=8.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0)))))
(SupplyCrateClassString=SupplyCrate_Cave_QualityTier4_C",MinItemSets=1,MaxItemSets=1,NumItemSetsPower=1.0,bSetsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemSets=((MinNumItems=1,MaxNumItems=2,NumItemsPower=1.0,SetWeight=1.0,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemEntries=((EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Element_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=8.0,MaxQuantity=15.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0),(EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemArmor_Tekshirt_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=0.0,MaxQuantity=1.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=true,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0),(EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemArmor_Tekpants_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=0.0,MaxQuantity=1.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=true,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0)))))

Ah, yea. When you write that code into the .ini it has to be one huge squished unbroken line for each instance of 

Also it looks like you are trying to tell the game to modify the contents of the boss drop on that first entry, instead of the supply crate for the caves.

*EDIT* You were right, once the code was getting the error after I had it properly formatted to the server, I initially didnt understand the error due to my limited coding knowledge (none). But I figured it out (because it literally told me exactly what was wrong) and it functions beautifully now. Thank you. I'd never have known there was an error log.

Any time! I was in your boat when I first started my server. Soooo many crazy settings and ways to go about tinkering with them.

Us new server owners have to stick together!

Happy Arking!

• 4 weeks later...

I came across this as I am trying to figure out why things i am doing in the game.ini are not taking effect. I have a mod that allows you to edit the amount of storage the items give by putting this....

[OCDBoxes]
SmallSlots=50
WoodSmallSlots=50
MetalSmallSlots=50
SmallLocking=False
MediumSlots=100
WoodMediumSlots=100
MetalMediumSlots=100
MediumLocking=False
LargeSlots=200
WoodLargeSlots=200
MetalLargeSlots=200
LargeLocking=False

into the game.ini but nothing is changing in game. If i look at the ini from the control panel i see the lines, i tried looking at the logs like you mentioned and they are completely blank. Any ideas?

Sounds like an issue with the mod itself.

If the mod author doesn't properly enable editing through their coding then anything you put in the .ini simply doesn't affect things.

I once had a meat spoiling mod that looked like a mini industrial furnace, and played this horrid music while it was active. The mod page said you could add a command line to the .ini to shut the music off, but it didn't work either.

I'd bring it up on the mod webpage (or see if its mentioned already) and hope the author can fix it.