Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Question about clusters

Would I have to enable uploading and downloading on the config to successfully cluster?

I want to limit transfers to and from the cluster to only the cluster...not some yahoo who spawned in a bunch of stuff on his server came over.

Here an official developer says that it is possible for players to download single player data while connected to an unofficial server.

If you allow player downloads in your config for an unofficial server, anyone who connects can upload a character from either another unofficial server or a local instance. 

Players could connect to each of your servers (clustered or not) and upload single player data to your server. 

To my knowledge there is no way to enable the transferring of character and dino data from server to server in a cluster but disable downloading from single player.

You either let people do it from BOTH single player and unofficial servers or not at all.

Hope that answers your question :)

Here an official developer says that it is possible for players to download single player data while connected to an unofficial server.

If you allow player downloads in your config for an unofficial server, anyone who connects can upload a character from either another unofficial server or a local instance. 

Players could connect to each of your servers (clustered or not) and upload single player data to your server. 

To my knowledge there is no way to enable the transferring of character and dino data from server to server in a cluster but disable downloading from single player.

You either let people do it from BOTH single player and unofficial servers or not at all.

Hope that answers your question :)

Wow, that is kind of lame.

That means someone could spawn themselves in 1000's of rockets, and join my server and destroy.

@dasBOOT post is not accurate.

When you buy a Cluster you should make sure No Transfer From Filtering is enabled from your Advanced Launch Params which only allows inter-server transfers. If it is unchecked you are opening your server up to outside transfers.

@dasBOOT post is not accurate.

When you buy a Cluster you should make sure No Transfer From Filtering is enabled from your Advanced Launch Params which only allows inter-server transfers. If it is unchecked you are opening your server up to outside transfers.

This is why I qualified with "to my knowledge" =)

There is server configuration post that touches on this topic that I recommend checking out. 

There is indeed a command line launch parameter I missed at first glance named "NoTransferFromFiltering". You can look at the second item in the link above for more detail. 

I missed this one because they have no 'official' documentation for the command line parameter other than in that little code snippet in the link above. 

Thanks for the clarification Ryan

Hope this helps @billyangstadt !