Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Increase wild dino levels using modify server config?

aaron5606

I am understanding that there is a way to increase wild dino levels without using a mod, is there a way to increase wild dino level using the modify server config?

I have tried adding "?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=10.0" in the gameusersettings.ini custom code section. I tried changed difficulty offset to 10. Nothing has worked. I have done a destroywilddino after each change.

If it is possible, could someone please give me a detailed description on how to do this?

I am using the Extinction Core Mod and would like wild dino level of 300.

Thanks

In your Game.ini, you need to insert some custom code like this:

LevelExperienceRampOverrides=(ExperiencePointsForLevel[0]=2,ExperiencePointsForLevel[1]=5,ExperiencePointsForLevel[2]=8,ExperiencePointsForLevel[3]=11.........)

If you have a LevelExperienceRampOverrides entry in your Game.ini, the first entry is parse as PLAYER LEVELS, but if you put two entries in, the second entry is treated as DINO LEVELS.

Check this thread out: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/517142253858366913/

Thank you for the reply.

I have already found that thread and tried it multiple times, but it does not work either. When i go back into the Game.ini it is blank and i am 100% positive i saved after making changes. I assume because modify server config overwrites Game.ini settings? Which i why i am hoping there is a way to increase levels using modify server config tool.

Thank you for the reply.

I have already found that thread and tried it multiple times, but it does not work either. When i go back into the Game.ini it is blank and i am 100% positive i saved after making changes. I assume because modify server config overwrites Game.ini settings? Which i why i am hoping there is a way to increase levels using modify server config tool.

See  next quote...

after putting the code in game.ini use the restart server in top right corner not the big green button at bottom

^^ unfortunately this is the only way for it to work.

If you make a change to the Game.ini or GameUserSettings.ini MANUALLY (via FTP) and upload the changes to the file back to the server, you CANNOT use the modify server config tool EVER AGAIN. This is because the modify server config tool COMPLETELY OVERWRITES any manual changes made by you and REWRITES BOTH FILES EVERY TIME YOU CLICK SAVE.

The only way to use the Modify Server Config tool to alter dino or player levels (to my knowledge) is to manually complete the form with the level, experience needed and engrams rewarded in the Player Level Config section of the tool. See below:

NROZvlX.png

See  next quote...

^^ unfortunately this is the only way for it to work.

If you make a change to the Game.ini or GameUserSettings.ini MANUALLY (via FTP) and upload the changes to the file back to the server, you CANNOT use the modify server config tool EVER AGAIN. This is because the modify server config tool COMPLETELY OVERWRITES any manual changes made by you and REWRITES BOTH FILES EVERY TIME YOU CLICK SAVE.

Exactly, Which is why i am hoping to Modify Server Config tool to increase levels. I am often making changes to Modify Server Config to try to please everyone on the server.

The only way to use the Modify Server Config tool to alter dino or player levels (to my knowledge) is to manually complete the form with the level, experience needed and engrams rewarded in the Player Level Config section of the tool. See below:

NROZvlX.png

I am aware of this. I would like to increase wild dino levels, not tamed dinos.

Thank you for trying to help. I very much appreciate it. 

The way that I get around not being able to normally change the difficulty level in non custom servers is to first start up the server as a custom server and place the "?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=10.0 in the custom launch line parameter box. Then press the green save settings and reset button at the bottom. Then after the server restarts I change the map back to what ever one that I want to run and press the green save settings and reset button again.

Although after you do this you will have to redo it anytime that you make changes to your server config or launch parms.