Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Enable PvE Structure Decay

This has got me very confused and I need some guidance.

I want to enable structure decay on my PvE server so that structures can be manually destroyed at the end of the timer. I want these settings:

Thatch - 8 Days

Wood - 16 Days

Stone - 24 Days

Metal - 32 Days

So, in the Settings I see this:

post-5138-0-26579900-1483102315_thumb.png

So there the Disable Structure Decay (although it doesn't specify PvE) is unchecked. This means it should be Enabled. I also changed the Destruction Period to 2 to get my intended timer settings.

In the GameUserSettings.ini It shows this:

DisableStructureDecayPVE=true
PvEStructureDecayPeriodMultiplier=2.000000

Now what I note there is that a) It states PvE there,  B) it says true (which would mean Disabled), c) It has changed the Destruction Period to 2.0 which is correct.

So why does DisableStructureDecayPVE show as True?

I changed it directly in the INI file, restarted the server and logged on and the destruction timers were working! After another restart the INI has reverted back to True.

Please explain why this is not working? Why does having the Disable Structure Decay unticked not show as False in the INI?

• 1 year later...

Same issue. I have to use Filezilla to change it. If you decide to change any other setting in the server config AFTER you change DisableStructureDecay=false in the GameUserSettings.ini with an FTP client, it will overwrite it back to true. Very frustrating and it's hard to believe no one else has addressed this yet. Theoretically, everyone with an Ark server here is playing with structure decay off or just using an FTP client only.