Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

New to hosting Rust server some questions need help

Thoax

Hey guys,

Well last night i ended up getting a server and we have been unable to play on the server yet :( ( i put in a ticket seeing it wont update)

What i just wanted to go through here seeing its my first time running a rust server use to run afk server and that seemed easy this one seems a bit more complicated.

What I wanted to go over is,

Is updating the server always this hard or a problem? I ask this cuz I know when a new patch comes out everyone wants these servers up and running and I don't want to work so hard to pop up my server for a new patch to come out and have to wait for a ticket to update my server if this is the case I see my pop going to die.

What is Oxide? I read that you need to manually update this?

Any tips or suggestions you guys could give to a new server guy would be great thanks

Dose anyone know how to add a description to the server i did   " server.description "this is my server \n test123" (\n works as enter)"  and it worked but i had to restart the server and it wiped the description