Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Config changes not seeming to work

jdblair5

So I am making some adjustments within the Modify Server Config panel, namely to things such as harvest gain, xp gain, taming time etc. But from what I can tell most of them are not taking effect. Some seem to be, such as the harvest health multiplier, but that is about it. Do I have to do something besides altering values in the Modify Server Config?

This kind of happened to me. I had uploaded some changes to my server last night via FTP (because I fear locking my server using the custom ini text field in the server config), restarted my server to find my GUS.ini had been blank. 

I think the "will overwrite game.ini and gameusersettings.ini" function of the Survival Server's custom control panel literally... is overwriting.

It's caused a clash with a mod on my server, reverting dino's stats to extremely low levels.. despite being level 1000+ 

And none of my custom fields in the GUS.ini are actually being used/loaded in. For example increased S+ structure health, or AF Weapon System turret health/damage... or even my custom server UI, is completely blank. All manual [setting]'s

This problem is now resolved. Simple fix yet hard to locate the problem. Apologies for the delay.

Hey Ryan, I am still not seeing the desired effects. Could you point me in the direction to some sort of resource that better explains what it is I need to do, or don't do to get the server to operate in the desired way. 

Hey Ryan, I am still not seeing the desired effects. Could you point me in the direction to some sort of resource that better explains what it is I need to do, or don't do to get the server to operate in the desired way. 

Yes, please create a support ticket so I can check on that. :)

I have narrowed down the problem to the custom .ini file that I am uploading is being overwritten.

Please stop this.

I understand you want to prevent people from messing up their servers because they do not know what they are doing.

However, some of us do know what we are doing, and since our custom .ini file is being overwritten we cannot make the changes we need to make.

Game.ini and/or GameUserSettings.ini are not overwritten unless you expressly do so via the Modify Server Config tool.

This is well documented on the tool itself and via this forum.

If any .ini change is being reverted after starting your server up then it would be the game doing that due to invalid syntax on your end.

Locking this thread as this issue is now closed.