Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Building restrictions near loot drops

Valei

Is there a way to remove this restriction from your server. Someone mentioned it can be disabled by the admin but I did not see an option on the control panel.

• 1 month later...

I will go ahead and add my voice to this question.  We have a PvE friendly server, and some players have encountered parts of their bases being destroyed by dinos and not being able to rebuild.

We'll be adding this to the config tool soon. You can manually add it in to the custom GameUserSettings.ini code area like this:

PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=True

Or you can add ?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=True to your custom launch params.

I tried what you suggested Ryan on our server. Command loaded successfully in the GameUserSettings.ini but I still cannot build next to a drop. I suspect that this command only works from the custom launch params. 

We have similar issues with the floating text and storage locking commands. Won't work from the GameUserSettings.ini.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan, any estimate of time on when this option will be added to the control panel. I have a cross ark multi server set up. I don't believe you can do custom launch parameters on this set up. I am not comfortable messing with the gameusersettings myself either. Can this be done via a ticket? If the control panel is going to be updated soon I am happy to fix it that way. Thanks for your help!

I will go ahead and add my voice to this question.  We have a PvE friendly server, and some players have encountered parts of their bases being destroyed by dinos and not being able to rebuild.

When you say "PvE Friendly server" does that mean it's technically a PvE server or does that mean it's a PvP server that is friendly to PvE players?

In other words, is the "Disable PvP" option checked in your modify server config tool? Maybe the PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops config option doesn't apply if that flag is not checked? Just an educated guess

If you have the "Disable PvP" option checked then I'm guessing your changes are getting overwritten each time.

Since I never got an answer to my last question here, I put in a ticket to see if they could add this setting to my server. The reply I got was this can only be done through custom launch settings which cannot be done right now on cluster servers. I lost my custom launch settings when I upgraded my server to cluster server. I have been given no estimate of when they are going to fix this.

Hello DasBoot,

We have a PVE server and we all work together in real life. So there are no issues about blocking off areas or controlling drops.  I should have placed a comma between the two descriptors of the server.

Thanks  

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy fellas,

Having the same issue on my server. Also posted on one other topic I found about this in these forums.  I had a server that was originally PVP and I built a base near a drop, and the base slowly got big and eventually engulfed the dropped sit.  We've all been friendly on our server so there wasn't any real PVP happening, just everyone helping each other, until one day some random player came in and raided a bunch of bases, which I didn't mind (i like the idea of pvp), but the rest of the population asked to officially change it to PVE, I did and once I did that, I could no longer place near the beacon site, and anything I removed that was placed before I changed it to PVE could not place back down.

The other post said he was able to make the command line (?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=True) work by adding it adding your mods ID line in the control panel:

?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=True   (if you had no mods)

?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=True?GameModIDs=603845364, 731604991, .....all your mod ID's   (if you had mods)

I tried adding it to that, and I also tried adding it to GameUserSettings.ini, in the serversettings section with and without the "?" but it didn't help and after the server restarted the mod ID's line only had the mods and not the command line anymore.

I also have a support ticket currently in to see about adding that command line somewhere else.

Thanks in advance for you time,

-Keith

So I played around with placing that command in a few different spots, And I finally got it to work by pasting it in the "Custom.in code" from the modify server config.  The following is everything I have in my custom.ini code.  Now remember you can't just "save form values"  that doesn't actually write it to the ini file, it just saves the value on the web interface.  You have to either select the first choice to "stop, save to ini and restart" or just "stop and save"  Did that and not my base and as well as another tribe's base that was have the same issue can now build freely around the drop.  Hope this helps you guys out!

[serverSettings]
ShowFloatingDamageText=true
PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true