Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Considering Purchasing Private Hive

Cintecian

I need some feedback from server owners here first though.

What is the max player count these servers can handle?

During high traffic (30 or more players) do your servers lag, do people have a hard time connecting, etc..

How easy is the control panel to use? Complicated, buggy, limited options?

Does gotchya help against hackers? Do you still find yourselves banning hackers left and right?

Basically we want to add custom vehicles, custom weapons, custom buildings, custom loadout, and be able to handle at least 35-45 players, etc..

Thanks

What is the max player count these servers can handle?

Default is 40, I would imagine you can have more at a cost, ask them and find out for sure.

During high traffic (30 or more players) do your servers lag, do people have a hard time connecting, etc..

Most we've had at once was 16 and it ran perfectly.

How easy is the control panel to use? Complicated, buggy, limited options?

Simple enough for the normal everyday tasks, editing, start/stopping etc, It is being actively worked on with improvements coming soon.

most of the limitations at the minute are down to using Taviana 2.0 and not having Bliss support, once Bliss supports the new Taviana files then all options can be used.

SS have an annoucement here about Bliss support > https://www.survivalservers.com/announcements.php?id=31

Side chat does work but you have to ask them via support ticket for it to be enabled

Does gotchya help against hackers? Do you still find yourselves banning hackers left and right?

I monitor mine with Dart, so far not had any problems so i can't help much on this question.

Basically we want to add custom vehicles, custom weapons, custom buildings, custom loadout, and be able to handle at least 35-45 players, etc..

All of them can be done via the Database (you get full access via phpmyadmin) with guides here viewforum.php?f=7

or support via the ticket system.

Overall i'd recommend SS :D we did have a server with dayz.st but the support is crap, emails go unanswered and no help through the forums, although their control panel is easy to use it's let down by the lack of support and our server was stuck on old versions so once an update was out nobody joined the server, SS are already supporting the latest Taviana where most other hosts won't.

They also have a 72 hr money back guarantee, try it and if you're not happy you can get a refund.

Overall i'd recommend SS :D we did have a server with dayz.st but the support is crap, emails go unanswered and no help through the forums, although their control panel is easy to use it's let down by the lack of support and our server was stuck on old versions so once an update was out nobody joined the server, SS are already supporting the latest Taviana where most other hosts won't.

They also have a 72 hr money back guarantee, try it and if you're not happy you can get a refund.

We have also used dayz.st , and like was said there is zero support. The user interface SS has setup is really easy to use and they do have support here. Our servers have a 40 player count and in evening they are full and we do not have a lag problem. We do use Gotcha Antihack and it works pretty well. Last couple of updates they messed some stuff up but seem to have got most of it working again. As far as adding vehicles and loot, etc. this can all be done through the data base. I think our vehicle count, cars,trucks,choppers, etc. is somewhere between 75 and 80 right now and with a full server no lag. We do have it set to restart every 8 hours.