Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

*Private Only* Custom Vehicle Spawns

Chad

We follow the Bliss default values just like many other DayZ server hosts.

Our dayztools can spawn hundreds of vehicles, but the map defaults only allow a certain amount.

There is good news though, you can adjust the max amount of spawned vehicles in your database.

Bliss only provides a small amount of Spawn locations, if you want more vehicles you will have to create your own custom spawn locations using your Survivor to find the database worldspace.

Editing a private hive database takes practice, please read all of the guides carefully in our forums.

Please follow all steps very carefully. If not done correctly, server may not start.

You can add vehicles that will spawn into your server when you click Run task using DayZTools. In order to do this you must familiarize yourself with how the database works and the terms used in the database.

Log into phpMyAdmin and click on the correct Database for your map you are currently using. Chernarus would be dayz2JohnSmith, Lingor Island would be dayz2LingorJohnSmith, Utes would be dayz2UtesJohnSmith, etc....

Open these 3 tables in separate tabs so that you can see all 3 pages: "world_vehicle" and "vehicle" and "instance_vehicle" <<< You will find all of your tables on the left side of the page.

First, use the "world_vehicle" table.

Click "Insert" at the top of the page, this is where you will add the vehicle_id and other details about the vehicle that you want to spawn.

Open the "vehicle" table mentioned in step 2 above. You can find all of ID's here that are needed to spawn vehicles on your server. This id must match the "vehicle_id" from the "world_vehicle" table.

The step mentioned above is very important. You will see both an "ID" and "vehicle_ID" in the "world_vehicle" table. This "ID" can be any random number that has NOT already been used by another vehicle. Click "show all" to see all of the vehicles listed in the table. You must match the vehicle_id from the "world_vehicle" table with the ID from the "vehicle" table.

For example the UH1H_DZ is the regular chopper on Chernarus, and has an "id" of 15, so if you check the "instance_vehicle" table mentioned in step 2, you will see the "world_vehicle_id" = 15 next to every chopper. You will also see another ID here, this is just a random number assigned to every vehicle. Every vehicle should have a different ID in "instance_vehicle".

You also have to use the correct "world_id"

Namalsk has a world ID of 8, Chernarus = 1, Panthera = 5, you can see all of the world Id's by clicking "world" on the left side of the page.

To sum things up. Using world_vehicle will let the vehicles spawn using our DayzTools feature, and using instance_vehicle will add the vehicle manually to any location on the server.

In the world_vehicle table you must choose a new spawn location on the map if you want to make custom spawn locations different than the ones we have provided.

You can create these spawns by looking in the "survivor" table and copy/paste the worldspace. A sample worldspace would be [50,[8040.6777, 7086.5356,0]]

This may take some practice and is intended for more advanced users.

Please let me know if you need clarification on any part of this.

Is there any way to add custom vehicles like this without using rmod?

I attempted to add a Ka60 to Chernarus - I manually entered it into each table. In fact, it began spawning... and then was immediately removed. "Cannot create non-ai vehicle." Which I believe is Rocket-talk for "this is not allowed."

Now the Ka60 is in the DB because it is allowed I presume. Most likely on another map. Can I circumvent this somehow?

• 2 weeks later...

OK so a friend of mine has been playing around with spawning vehicles on my server. The only thing he has the most difficulty with is Worldspace Coordinates. Is there anything that can help me understand what worldspace coordinates is compared to grid coordinates?

[attachment=0]Spwan1.jpg[/attachment]

id = ID number like 15 for UH1H_DZ on Chernarus

vehicle_id = lowest unassigned number available say 71 if it's not used already.

Worldspace = location such as [178,[7206.88,8995.24,0.002]]

description = Huey or GAZ...

chance = 1.00 for 100% or do we leave this blank?

Is that about right?

Once entered will this info propagate across other tables automatically?

I've followed everything here trying to get a Humvee to spawn. It all works and spawns in using the DayZ Tools but it's not actually in game. I'm guessing they aren't allowed in Chernarus yet.

Will maybe check it again tomorrow. Quite late now.

*Update*

Managed to spawn in Humvee. It shows in the DB and on the map. Does not appear in game. I'm assuming there's no way to unban a vehicle without using rMod?

• 2 months later...

I know this is a late reply but for future reference it is the HMMWV_DZ anything with _DZ for the most part will spawn. However some items were made _DZ for other maps and those won't work except on that map.