Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Custom Kill Messages

by 0verHeaT

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
All Credit goes to 0verHeaT. I am just re-posting and simplifying things for "OUR" community.

This mod is for servers that display kills by other players in the upper left corner of the screen with a picture of the gun used,

the distance, person who shot, person who got killed. It is handy for PVE servers I believe the most since it allows admins and owners to monitor what happened when someone claims it was not them.

Step 1.

• Download your Server & Mission pbo from the Survival Servers panel
  • In your ServerPBO:

Go to the folder "compile" and look for server_playerDied.sqf and the fnc_plyrHit.sqf and replace them with the files provided in the attachment. (REMEMBER ALWAYS ALWAYS SAVE A COPY OF WHAT YOU ARE MODDING)

Step 2.

• In your Mission pbo

Go to the init.sqf in your root directory and look for this line

if (!isDedicated) then {

///Add this directly below it///

execVM ""+yourfolderpath+\kill_msg.sqf";

"yourfolderpath" means to put it in any folder you want if you create one, name it that
in between the quotes but leave the other quotes and both the +

I had couple people asking me what 0verHeaT was talking about in his instructions. He has double quotes "" also, that confuses people. I am simplifying everything.

• Copy the kill_msg.sqf file in whatever folder you are naming or using.

Example:

I put mine in EPOCHMODS folder and created another folder called Kill
So I put the files in that kill folder. Thus it should look like so.
execVM ""+EPOCHMODS\Kill+\kill_msg.sqf";

ENLARGED EXAMPLE OF THE ABOVE SO YOU CAN SEE  THE QUOTES:

execVM ""+EPOCHMODS\Kill+\kill_msg.sqf";

DONE! PACK EVERYTHING AND UPLOAD!

BELOW SECTION IS IF YOU WANT A MURDER MENU IN TRADER CITY

If you want the murder boards to work properly in the Trader Zones, you have to use 0verHeaT player_murderMenu.sqf

Step 1.

• Go to your custom compiles file. Typically labelled, custom. Then inside should be compiles.sqf

If you don't have this check at end of this post.

• Paste this into your compiles.sqf
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers ""+yourfolderpath+"\player_murderMenu.sqf";

Make sure to change yourfolderpath to your actual placement of the folder. see my example above.

DONE!

CUSTOM COMPILES

If you are using Survival Servers Overpoch or Overpoch Origins, the Compiles (which is dound in DAYZ_CODE|INIT is already setup for you it will look like so:

if (!isDedicated) then {
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "DAYZ_CODE\COMPILE\fn_selfActions.sqf";
dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "DAYZ_CODE\ACTIONS\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
player_death = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "DAYZ_CODE\COMPILE\player_death.sqf";

//Gui
player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "DAYZ_CODE\COMPILE\ui_selectSlot.sqf";
player_updateGui = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "DAYZ_CODE\COMPILE\player_updateGui.sqf";
yoloText = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules_e\functions\GUI\fn_dynamicText.sqf";

//System
player_spawn_2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "DAYZ_CODE\COMPILE\player_spawn_2.sqf";

//BuildVectors
if (!isDedicated) then {
player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
player_unlockVault = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\BuildVectors\compile\player_unlockVault.sqf";
player_lockVault = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\BuildVectors\compile\player_lockVault.sqf";
fnc_SetPitchBankYaw = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\BuildVectors\fnc_SetPitchBankYaw.sqf";
DZE_build_vector_file = "custom\BuildVectors\build_vectors.sqf";
build_vectors = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers DZE_build_vector_file;
};

//Origins
origins_checkNeededMaterial = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Origins\origins_checkNeededMaterial.sqf";
origins_removeActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Origins\origins_removeActions.sqf";
};
//KillBoard
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers ""+EPOCHMODS\KILL+\player_murderMenu.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "EpochMods\ClickActions\lib.sqf";

You may not have everything like mine, but this is how it is setup.Feel free to use some of these just make sure you change file paths to your actual mods. most of mine are in EPOCHMODS

However. There is another you must use regardless of EPOCH or OVEROCH. I am attaching to this post. But. You can find yours easily. I use both because it's easier to organize certain mods like Snapbuild or Slowzeds.

1. Go to your game directory (mine is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead)
  2. Go to the DayZ_Epoch folder and open your addons folder you see.
  3. Look for dayz_code.pbo and copy and paste it onto your desktop so you can work on it quickly (please do not remove it by dragging and dropping)
  4. Extract your dayz_code.pbo like any other pbo.
  5. Open the folder that was just extracted and go to the init folder and copy and paste compiles into your current mission pbo from survival servers you downloaded (if you did not, do so now)
  6. I made a folder called custom, and that is where i put the compiles.sqf (it is a common thing with mods)
  7. Next go to your init.sqf in your mission pbo and look for
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";

///Personally i replace with the following, some people just add below this///

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";

//I replace mine so it reduces the amount of reading mission file. you can also do the
following so you don't have to worry about either.

//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\custom\compiles.sqf";

by adding the "//" in front, it is basically saying don't look at this it's just notes.
I use this throughout my modding so I can easily find things later when there is an issue
or i no longer want the mod. CTRL+F in any file will let you search for words

There you have it, you now have a compiles.sqf that you can use. You can put any "compiles.sqf" mod define calls here under sections that have the

if (!isDedicated) then {

Avoid putting anything below

initialized = true;

in your compiles.sqf. Keep everything Above it unless there is a very specific mod.

CustomKillMsg-master.zip

compiles.zip

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Merlin, this is awesome! I've been looking for something like this. Question: Will this work with the DayZ Chernarus 1.8.8 Map?

Thanks!

Jnkbller

Sorry it's been while, i been busy. But yes, and im sure at this point you are probably playing already. you will just have to change some of the folder names.