Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Dino Nerf after 248.2

Parrots

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, since 248.2 update, all our previously tamed dino's i.e. Rex damage at 1000 has now been nerfed to 400, Ankylo Weight at 1200 now down to 500 (rough figures), all our Modify Server Config is the same but all the dinos show significantly lower stats. We have spent many hours full kibble taming and concentrating on a particular stat increase only to have all that waisted now. I didn't think a main server nerf would affect a private server.... Is there anyone out there that knows a fix for correcting all this? Or has had the same issue?

Glad to hear your's is back Alkanov. :)

Unfortunately mine is still the same as I did not have a game.ini backup. I sent a support ticket, they suggested to revert to a backup from before the update but that has not helped. Not sure if there is a way to paste someone else's ini file and use that after changing a few setting?

My thinking is, if they can change games ini file to lower the stat's, surely they can change it back to previous stat's.

I am new to Server Admin so not sure how that is done.

I can't say this will work for all situations, but some might try it and see.

I did not have a game.ini. backup as well, thinking it was included in server backup. We have gotten our dino's back to where they were however.

Seeing that the stats looked like default/base game numbers, we tinkered with the control panel settings even though they were the same that we've had since server started.

Select the Modify Server Config button on your control panel, scroll down to Tamed Dinosaur (stat name) (Modifies the tamed dinosaur per level xxxxxx multiplier stat) and change the number there.

We had 2 still showing so I changed it to 5 and logged onto server to check if it changed anything, it did, lol. Then I stopped server, changed value back to 2, restarted and checked in to find our dino's were back to the stats they had before update.

One of the players is breeding Argents and actually had records of his birds stats so we were able to verify they were back to before update nerfed them. He will be experimenting with taking an uploaded dino and changing its stats by editing the saved file, in case this fix doesn't work next time.

Thanks Denraan, Exact same thing, control panel had same numbers, so I reset to normal, then stopped server, reset to my settings and :) all back to normal. Seems ARK Dev's are new stuff rather than to fix code... ah well all turned out good in the end, plus its a great game and still not full release so I cant complain lol.

Thanks for everyones help :)

Post Closed