Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK Server Recruitment Help

Rose

Hello everyone.

My name is Rose.

I have been hosting ARK servers for over a year and a half now and haven't ever had more then 12 people on my server for a matter of a week and then barely anyone after that. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or how to advertise my servers. I have two servers. One on TheCenter map and one on the Scorched Earth map/dlc. Both servers are PVE which I know also makes it harder to gain players but we try to do things to make up for it like host events and we really get involved with the community and we add small but game changing mods that most people love.

What could I possibly do to help get my server flowing with more players? I have a STEAM group, I have a TeamSpeak and Website and Forum where I advertise and post often ARK related stuff and recruitment. I don't know what else to do. I don't have loads of money either which also makes it hard.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello everyone.

My name is Rose.

I have been hosting ARK servers for over a year and a half now and haven't ever had more then 12 people on my server for a matter of a week and then barely anyone after that. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or how to advertise my servers. I have two servers. One on TheCenter map and one on the Scorched Earth map/dlc. Both servers are PVE which I know also makes it harder to gain players but we try to do things to make up for it like host events and we really get involved with the community and we add small but game changing mods that most people love.

What could I possibly do to help get my server flowing with more players? I have a STEAM group, I have a TeamSpeak and Website and Forum where I advertise and post often ARK related stuff and recruitment. I don't know what else to do. I don't have loads of money either which also makes it hard.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Team Speak is old news, Discord is the new TS.

1. Get those 12 people to join a discussion or start a topic such as "what improvements would you like to see" or start a Poll on possible upgrades or mods and map changes.
  2. Add some incentives. Make the messages appear once in a while (in game) about your website "join discussion" or "bring a friend and receive x amount of items or dinos whatever".
  3. Add Special Events, announce it on Facebook,twitter add your frequent players to a group. This will get people involved and they will feel like they are part of something
  4. Events: Race wins a Primordius Dragon or whatever you want. Set up a specific part of the island with poles or pathways maybe light it up at night and make it a foot race and PVP with only bats, or turtle races. Make it fun and interesting.
  5. sign up here http://www.gametracker.com/

You have to treat it like a business and offer people something, because just like a business, there are plenty out there and people can go anywhere they want and get what they are looking for.

Once you have that going, and it's active, and people start coming in, it maybe time for an extra map Great prices at SS, and i think more will come.

That's my suggestion.

back in the day I would offer people  briefs, special vehicles or homes for bringing friends in (for arma2), we had 30 people every few days or so coming in.

Also, make sure you post your IP and Server name all over the internet with your web address. Organic ranking and organic traffic is best.