Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Which control panel options DONT overwrite conf files

mndfreeze

So I just purchased a cluster for our server.  I've been manually editing and ftp'ing my config files over for a long time now and not using the control panel at all, so needless to say it is NOT synced with what I actually run.

Now that I added a cluster server I need to alter all the transfer options which I currently have set to deny all character, dino, item, etc.

I can manually go change all those myself in the config files and reupload, no issue.  My main concern is the control panel option for advanced launch parameters. 

If I change these options NONE of them actually write to or alter the game.ini or other .ini config files right?  They only alter the actual command line options tossed onto the server binary starting up correct?

I want to make sure I can have the cluster transfer only options selected (the from filter one) and not allow outsiders to transfer stuff in, as well as other stuff like the new save format, etc etc.  Since I never use the web interface, im always concerned one change I make is going to overwrite or break my current config with whatever the control panel is set to.

I suppose I should have waited for a reply. Server wont start now ;(

Hopefully when I get off work in an hour and a half I can just uipload my backups of my configs and fix it, not sure what on the backend fo the cluster config is going to break then however. :(