Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Ark Crash - Help please

Dazyy

So we are on day 3 of our new server and we had a few crashed on our last wipe the reason we wiped is because our server randomly crashed and then all the mod items where gone. So smithy and all the bulk items disappeared and all of the people's stuff that was in there was lost we checked the saves to see if we could go back but after the crash it came back up with no items so we don't know what has happened its the second time now so if anyone has any ideas if they could help me out would be appreciated. We just started hosting with survival servers just need a little help.

we found a backup of 4 hours before the crash but we have no idea why its removing the mods and crashing 

Thanks Dazyy

Something to look into are your mods. While you probably have updated them on your server, they might not be updated with Ark itself.

Go to each of your mods in the Steam Workshop and check when they were last updated and also see if any other players are having similar issues that you have.

If all of that looks ok, double check your launch parameters, especially if your using the Custom Launch option. I had some trouble not long ago, turned in a ticket and ( a bit embarrassing ) a space was found in my custom launch line. Might not have been all of my problem but it didn't help. ;)

here's what i had to do, and it was a prev post a Mod responded to,

in short.

stop the server.

FTP into using your prefer program. (i use total commander)

copy your savedxxxxx folder to your computer, so you don't loose backups.

move up directories until you find content and go into it.

go into Mods

delete the files & folders in it. DO NOT delete the mods folder itself tho

disconnect your ftp

change ark update to yes, run update/validate.

save settings & restart

this may take more than 20min, depending on how many mods you have, and the size of files to redownload.

hope this helps

ps, you have have to delete the contents of your save folder. but copy your gameuser & game config files before doing this.

Edited by Twospirited