Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Import Buildings and Vehicles Using the Built-in 3D Editor

Chad

If done properly, this will work 100% of the time. We now have a paid modding service where you can pay us to do this for you. Ask about the paid modding service in a support ticket if you want custom buildings imported by us.

YOUTUBE TUTORIAL

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. At the main menu of ArmA press . Select your world [World].

2. Once you are in the 3D editor do the following:

Place "Center (F10)" anywhere on map and hit OK.

Place "Group (F2)" anywhere on map and hit OK.

Place "Unit (F1)" anywhere on map and hit OK.

Your mission can be saved now!

3. Find anywhere you like on the map, and select "default camera" (takes you to 3d view).

4. Upper-Right Menu select "Vehicle (F5), double click the ground, select the vehicle/building to place, hit OK.

5. and hold yellow circle for object and drag to place. Hold while holding to rotate. Hold while holding to raise or lower object.

6. Hover over the object and hit to remove.

7. Save your progress as "User mission" under name [Your Mission Name]

8. Copy the vehicle and building files from the location below:

For vehicles:

Copy file from: "%userprofile%\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\[Profile Name]\missions\[Your Mission Name].[World]\mission.sqf"

For buildings:

Copy file from: "%userprofile%\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\[Profile Name]\missions\[Your Mission Name].[World]\mission.sqf"

Copy both of the above files to your desktop or somewhere you will remember.

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST UNPACK YOUR MISSION FILE

If you do not know how to unpack a mission file, follow this guide up to step #9 https://survivalservers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=654

Once you have unpacked the mission file, you must add the files that you saved from the 3d editor into the main folder of the unpacked mission file.

Open your init.SQF file using notepad++ or a similar program.

Add the line of code below to the end of the file at the very bottom of the init.sqf

IMPORTANT(the below code is an example, you choose ytour own sqf file name when you save the file in the 3d editor.)

[] ExecVM "EXAMPLEbuildings.sqf";

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much for this.

but is there any ways too make loot spawn on the buildings i spawned in?

I spawned in a fire station and a general store but theres no loot spawning in it

I spawned in a fire station and a general store but theres no loot spawning in it

• 7 months later...

Go to Database with phpMyAdmin, Press "ss_####" then 'Tables' and 'Object_Data' Find your Object that you spawned(Example 'MAP_Mil_Barrack_i' and rename it to 'Land_Mil_Barrack_i'

Go to Database with phpMyAdmin, Press "ss_####" then 'Tables' and 'Object_Data' Find your Object that you spawned(Example 'MAP_Mil_Barrack_i' and rename it to 'Land_Mil_Barrack_i'

• 5 months later...

Using the data base in my opinoin is one of the most un user freindly gui's that i have ever used. So to get loot to spawn just edit your mission.sqf before placeing the file in your mission folder open with notepad ++ and just change the classnames to Land in there. And a small note..when you think your done with your added buildings and have saved the file, open it back up again and check to make sure all the placements are where they were intended to be. more often than not at leaet a few objects will move from where you placed them after a save and simply mpveing them back into postion and resaving under the same name will resolve the issue.

Thanks

Also its easyer to save different areas under different .sqfs for example when you make additions to NWAF finish that area and save the mission.sqf as NW.sqf (for example) then add the init line to represent that file name and you can put all your cities or areas that you edited in a buildings folder. it makes it much easyer to make changes or fix any bugs later.