Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Need help with server settings/mods

I've never rented a server before or have any experience running one or setting it up. I rented the server for ARK to play with my 7yr old daughter and a few buddies of mine. I have no idea how to set up the server settings or add mods. I have downloaded and installed ARKON (I think anyway). Would be grateful to anyone that would be willing to help me out.

3 hrs to tame a lvl 3 trike isn't gonna be alot of fun for anyone, especially a 7yr old (attention span and all).....and taking FOREVER to lvl up.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Lexi

Here is a page with all the server options and short explanations of each:

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

Most options you are going to want to change will be as simple as making a change in the control panels 'modify server config' button.  Like taming speed for example:

Find Taming Speed Multiplier listed in that config menu, change the number to a higher number and it will speed things up.  Its a multiplier so changing it to a 3 will be 3 times faster taming.

Some other options in there are a little strange how they implemented the math, like the speed of the day and night time is a little more complicated, but for what you need almost everything should be listed on that link.  

Hope that helps!