Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Add buildings via the 'map tool'

Hey there,

So the other day, I made a some what pleasing discovery.

If you look in the source code for the map-tool, you'll find this.

34ead288bb92b5ef563de812bc93928d.png

Which, in my opinion confirms that the SurvivalServers team is indeed working on adding building spawning functionality to their map tool.

I'm very excited about this addition.

What do you think?

That would be pretty cool, if they could pull that off.

I think they'd be the only server provider with that sort of program, if they can manage it.

Yeah, It would defiantly be a very solid selling point. I mean, it would be pretty simple to implement.

It would just be a custom database query using the 'map tool' values as parameters.

More or less this thread, except use the 'map-tool' to get the values.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44

If you didnt know you can already add buildings through the DayZ Map Tools. All you need is the class name of the building. "Land_Mil_Barracks_i" is the class name for the Barracks. Thats how I easily and quickly spawned Barracks into the Namalsk Map. Then to fine tune it all you have to do is go into the Database and edit the direction and fine tune the Coords. Just saying. But it would be even cooler if they added something to the DayZ Map Tools that you can spawn the vehicles/buildings in at a certain direction. Anything can be spawned in if you have the classname code for it. :ugeek: