Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Mod Manager

Hey guys, just thought I would share an app I wrote to make the management of mods easier.

This app allows you to create a list of mods you have installed and keep them up-to-date on your server. Once you add your FTP and Steam API Key settings it will look up the last time each mod was updated on the workshop and compare that with the modified time (last uploaded) date of your server's files. If a mod is outdated the Update button enables. Updating will delete the outdated mods on your server first (if you choose the setting) and then upload your local copy which is the latest. To ensure you have the latest versions locally, open ARK and let it install any updated mods before using the update feature of this tool.

Feedback is appreciated. I may be adding more features like parsing the player/tribe files via FTP so you can get a list of them. Maybe RCON commands after that.

http://paragonsruin.com/app/ark-admin

Virus Total Scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/31c99bc625fe461c2400b09ec944bf88a67aa47399c9d0fa06fd4a8a51980a96/analysis/1457537045/

post-3124-0-24072700-1457538713_thumb.png

post-3124-0-90932900-1457538717_thumb.png

Thank you for the contribution. It's certainly a good emergency/backup tool for the way our control panel already does this. That said, I have to state that using this tool is not the recommended mod install/update method. All of the functionality of this application is already packed into our control panel. Our control panel automatically updates mods every time the server is Started or Restarted. If you are having an issue with the mod install/updates, Start/Restart until it fixes itself.

I wasn't completely sure this was the case but you just answered my question :) This feature will be minimized as the tool moves more towards a more all-in-one admin tool. I will re-post when these features have been added. The topic title was wrong but I couldn't update it. It should be a Server Admin Tool.