Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Help Changeing map and seed

Allerick

I would like help changing map and seed to that of http://www.playrusthq.com/map-gallery/rBXpowIFthis specific map and seed. Only thing i've seen so far is to change the Custom Launch Parameters but i had no luck in doing so, my map just stayed the same. I deleted the current map save file and set the Custom launch param. but still just same map and seed. 

Hi, all the information you need is in right there at the top of the image.

Map size: 8000

Map seed: 733004

From looking at other posts in this forum, put a check in the Custom Launch Parameters box then the command should be (I don't use custom launch parameters myself) something like this:

+server.worldsize 8000 +server.seed 733004

I generated that size and seed on rust.io's map page for comparison.

http://map.playrust.io/?Procedural%20Map_8000_733004

That's the only issue I'm running into I've set that custom launch parameter and made sure it's checked but can't seem to get it to actually switch. Are you possibly able to test and let me know the exact steps you took in wipeing your world and changeing it's seed and map? Cause when I tried the custom launch parameter listed I just couldn't connect to the server. I can try again later when I get home and let you know the results.

Yeah tried that too same as first time I did it. When I leave custom launch parameters checked and that in can't even connect to the server tried deleted the map in saves folder and doing this and restarting still all ways reverts back to the same old map. Would really like to figure this out. I do not enjoy being locked as such.

You're in luck. Survival Servers has updated the control panel to allow you to customize your world map with ease.

I <3 SS

I did test the map you're interested in using and it was so big my 8 gb of RAM was eaten alive.

Would not recommend.