Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Constant "Host Connection Timeout" error.

Joshrm88

Usually it happens when my girlfriend and I play together, once or twice when we start. Then it goes away and I'm good the rest of the night.

I can play on other servers (unofficial) and never see this happen, but when her and I play I'll get this nightly. As I said before, it's usually not this bad and I'm good to go after reloading once or twice. Now however, I'm loading in and immediately getting the timeout error, it's happened four or five times so far.I've noticed it happens after she logs in mainly, as I'll be online waiting for her and it won't happen. I don't think it's a game or computer issue as I can play on bigger servers and not have any issue, and the game doesn't tax my computer too much, but I could be wrong.

Thank you for any help.

I would just like to add to this, If you guys are experiencing this issue can you tell me If you are joining servers that have Mods on them?

If so, When you first join it, it will say installing mods etc, It will then usually hang and time out. This is normal. In reality it isn't losing connection to the host, it just displays that while it finishes installing the mods and copying the data over directly.

If you look in the bottom right corner of the game where it will show (Installing XXX mod ) Do not try to keep joining If it gets hung on a % on the screen and times out. They will continue to install properly, wait until they no longer show it installing in the bottom right corner of the game, then join so it can copy the data to the directory. Will most likely time out one more time, wait until the message no longer displays on the screen(It will have finished then). Then join and you should be good to go.

^^ that seems to complicate this even further, that's why I am asking them to create support tickets.

I really wish they'd fix that mod loading timeout issue, really annoying (especially with computers on slower internet connections)

Oh I agree, they need to fix that issue for sure, as its really annoying. But how does that complicate things? You only need to join once, not 15-20 times, for it to initiate the downloads, and it will continue to go even with it saying its timed out, then after its finished installing it will not show in the bottom right anymore, then you can actually join the server and load fully through. Try it for yourself and see, haven't had any issues doing it this way and it saves me the effort of clicking join 15-20 times in the process of thinking why does it keep timing out etc, when its actually still installing them, and its just a bug. :)