Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Gallimimus? New dino not spawning on server

Sara101

Call me impatient *family says its an issue lmao* but the server of mine has updated from 232.9 to 233.1 to 234.0 and yet the Gallimimus is nowhere on my servers area of editing the spawn rate which means its not on the server yet, was wondering if the servers are abit slow with bringing the new dinos out, i knew it took about three days for the beetle and the new lizard to come out but figured something was wrong with the spawn rate... sorry to bug someone just wondering if im the only one noticing this lol

I'm fairly new to this myself, but I believe there is a command to delete all wild dinosaurs, forcing new ones to spawn. I think this is a way to increase the spawn chance of new entities. I could be wrong, but there isn't really a downside to trying, right? :D

lol i seen that, though i dont think they were spawning on my server at all, but we seen one right after i posted this, guess my server decided to laugh at me huh? lol

Well we have the Kangaroo's showing on the Server Configuration and I have wiped wild dino's alot but still dont see them but not sure if thats anything to do with the server or not. I also havent seen any Gallmimus, they dont seem to appear in the Server Config. 

The Lizard and Dung Beetle were fine and showed instantly.

I too have not found a single Gallimimus.  The Dimetrodon and Dung Beetle spawned right away on my server as well.  I've tried everything I can think of: destroyallwilddinos command, killing everything manually for hours, searching entire map and adding a spawn line to my .ini file for the Gallimimus.  Nothing has worked.  I have been able to summon them into the world and they work fine - tameable, rideable.  At this point, I've opened a support ticket.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.  The players on my server are pretty annoyed.

what i had to do, they only showed up in one small place, and i tamed all 4 i seen for myself and friends, you know on the bottom right where it has the long land, the FAR south east, well follow that lil riverway up along the part where it goes into spino area, theres a place just slightly to the left that falls into three crossings, one going right, then one going left forward, then one going left closer to you, I found them going right around the corner of the left in the middle, that is the only place i have found them, as for the Kangaroos, i found my first, not where the old volcano is, but the one right of it, beside it, at the bottom where its flat, then once i found it, they were everywhere. For wild dino command, that crashed my server within one minute of using it lol

I'm using the Valhalla map.  I've checked the three specific areas I know they spawn on another server I play on.  I also had a team of 4 players help me search the entire map while killing virtually everything in sight - took us several hours.  I've now killed all wild dinos twice via console command and no gallimimus.  

Ok, used command admincheat destroywilddinos as mentioned by Ryan about 20/30 times since the Kangaroo came out and never seen a wild one spawn and still havent seen a Gallimimus. Swamp Lizard and Dung Beetle show up instantly each time. 

The Server Config doesnt show Gallimimus so I am unsure if that has anything to do with it but as the Kangaroo is showing there it also doesnt seem to spawn anyway. I changed the Kangaroo spawn rate up to see if that would help and admincheat destroywilddinos over the weekend, still no Kangaroo. 

Other than manually spawning in the Dino's is there any other way to understand how the new Dino's spawn so we can avoid making these posts in future as I am sure as more new Dino's appear, more posts of "missing NEW DINO" will appear if they do not spawn instantly. How do the Swamp Lizard in a very populated biome appear instantly when the others do not? 

I do hope the answer is not use admincheat destroywilddinos............. 

As stated above, I did open a support ticket for this.  The response I received was to use the command: cheat DestroyALLWildDinos.  That command isn't valid and does nothing.  I did AGAIN use: admincheat destroywilddinos.  Again, it killed all the wild dinos on the map, but still no gallimimus.  All other dinos are spawning correctly.  I accidentally double replied to the response I received from the support desk so now I'm waiting longer for a response because of my idiot self.  

All the info I can find online states the Galli should be VERY common and is found everywhere that trikes/stegos/parasaurs spawn.  Kangaroos are still quite rare - only 4 total found on my server in about 20 days.  

I guess my main frustration is that I just don't understand what is broken.  Previous dino releases have worked immediately without having to kill all the wild dinos on the map or adjust spawn ratios.  After doing that several times, still no spawns for the Galli.  I've verified file installation and made sure when I spawn the Galli in with commands that I can tame it, use the saddle, etc and it all works.  I really hope to get this to get resolved soon.

The ARK server tool not having the Galli should not effect at all the ability for them to spawn.

I was able to force spawn / tame one on your server @pretresseneay

2016-02-04_12h08_22.png

I am not sure why the DestroyWildDinos and then waiting for the dino to spawn isn't working.

May I suggest upping the spawn liklihood for that dino in your configuration?

EDIT: After running around for a bit on my force tamed Galli look who I ran into :)

2016-02-04_12h15_55.png

The mod was Improved Dinos - Rare Spawns.  I'm kinda disappointed because I really like that mod and it specifically said it should not cause conflicts with newly released dinos.  I'm hoping for an updated version.  When we removed it, about half the tamed dinos we had were deleted.  I can only assume the deleted dinos were created by that mod since there are others we still have from varying times throughout our server.  

Because that mod overwrites the Dino content, they'd just have to simply update their mod for the new dino as they are released.

If the mod developer is slow on that end, then there could be a period of time between ARK releasing the patch with the new dino to the mod developer patching their mod with the new dino. Solves that dilemma :) Thank you for the detailed information!