Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server changed IP out of nowhere and nobody can connect!

formidavel

My server #8020 got the IP changed today and I have no way to alert all the players about that! The IP was supposed to be http://toparkservers.com/server/167.114.209.24:17716we have 40+ players and 34 upvotes on topark, I don't want to lose that, so what am I supposed to do?

Would the admin be able to revert it?? That's so bad!

I'm having the same exact issue with my server, the IP changed and no one can find the server anymore. Some how though I've been able to find the server and connect to it but no one else can.

As with all game server hosting, IP:Ports are not guaranteed and are subject to change on a whim - with or without notice. We were notified of the impending issues and transferred customers after notification on Twitter -  unfortunately hardware issues = IP change. I do understand it's frustrating, but it's next to impossible for us to preserve IP:Ports without adding on substantial cost (dedicated IP for each customer) that's beyond reasonable for game server hosting.

The notification on Twitter

"A hardware issue has been detected on one of our larger machines, we are in the middle of transferring everyone now!"

Where does that state that you'll be changing our IP's, servers can be migrated and retain static IP's even through VM's so there's absolutely no way anyone should have just expected to lose their Virtual internet home.

Changing a hosted servers ip isn't common, as a matter of fact in the 6+ months we've hosted with you, this is the only time it's actually happened, even with a hardware failure you should retain the ip's and transfer them to another machine.