Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Transfered server and characters, but forced to new character

badgirl

I just transfered my locally hosted ark and the survivor profiles from my computer to a SS server.  The map transfered fine all the builds and tribe is there, and my BF was able to log into his character just fine but when I logged in, it forced me to make a new character.

My old character is there, unconscious, how do I log into that instead of the brand new one??

Characters are named differently on solo and public servers. What you need to do is MAKE A COPY OF EVERYTHING in the SavedARK folder.

Just right click the folder, copy, then right click on whitespace and paste it. It will append a -copy version. If you screw up, you have your backup. Make sure you COPY/PASTE files from a backup on the same hard drive, else you just move them.

Next you need to find YOUR character ID. Your ID for solo is LocalPlayer.arkprofile and the ID for the online version is #################.arkprofile. The numbers are one of the versions of your Steam ID. You need to copy the name of your online profile character, delete the file (which will remove that character from the server), and rename the "LocalPlayer.arkprofile" file to that Steam ID name. You should then be able to use your solo character on the online server.

If you have more than 1 person already on your online server, you need to make sure you have the right character file selected.

If you need to find your ID there is an article from Steam for that: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=209000244

I also recommend making a backup copy of your server at least every couple days, depending on server activity. All you should need to copy are the profiles and 1 daily save, recommended minimum. You never know when there will be a "hardware issue" requiring moving your server where the person moving doesnt also move the save files.. Which happens.