Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Level cap stuck at 94

ripn

So I've set all the settings up to inside the "Modify Server Config" file to where the level cap should be at 250. I've set the max experience to the combination of all experience required plus a few thousand just to be sure. After manually doing everything, people can't get past level 94. Am I missing something here?

Okay, well looks like there aren't many response. I basically got tired of waiting and wrote the code for it myself instead of using the "config tool" that the website provides. But now when I go to restart the server, it puts everything back to defaults. Then I have to FTP my game.ini file back in order to get everything back to the way it was.

Hey ripn,

I've only messed with directly coding the .ini file once since sadly it's kind of an all in approach unless you want to jump through the hoops of doing what you described(remaking the ini after restarting with the config tool(however normal restarts from just the control panel seemed to keep the changes intact) since the config tool overwrites the .ini whenever you use it) and while coding would give you finer control there's a learning curb there.

However I've run into being level locked a couple times now(and the whole negative engrams thing) through the config tool which were usually fixed by just playing with the numbers until it magically worked. This last time I decided to actually pay attention to what I was changing and noticed after a handful of attempts that I had large numbers of levels with the same engram increase per level. Counting out how many levels the same increase was used on the default levels they kept the number to about 27ish. My most recent level cap increase had far more levels then that in it. After breaking up the engrams to groups of 20 or less my servers back to gaining xp and levels normally again. Not sure why or even if that was the actual problem but with things working I can only assume something goes weird through the config tool if too many levels in a row gain the same engrams.

Hope this helps and allows you normal use of the config tool again.