Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server down?

Are we having problems with the servers? Mine has been down since last night ( 204.124.181.58:3802 ). I created a support ticket, just wondering if there is anything I can do on my side. I have alot of my guys emailing me asking whats up, and they cant get on. Thanks in advance.

Seems like there is an issue, I've made a ticket about this to. Cant even install the beta patch.. just hangs at 10% downloading same for installing BEC aswell.

I don't own a server here, someone I know does, but I was looking around for answers to this exact issue and stumbled upon this thread. Their server is on the exact same IP address as mentioned in OP's post, it would appear the entire server is completely down, or the address is no longer assigned to the box.

Either way, it's surprising to see there isn't apparently any alerts to the Tech team about issues such as this, using such things as Pingdom to verify up-time for servers.

Apparently anyone can get licensing for DayZ servers and they don't have to give a guarantee of competence. This issue existing for a period of nearly 12 hours is a little absurd, albeit for a game server, it's still highly unprofessional to see this matter yet to be resolved let alone addressed. Either way, I hope the matter is resolved quickly, and perhaps the team here should look into preserving up-time for their customers by using something that will alert them of issues such as this, or at least provide some form of communication on the matter, seeing as the OP posted almost 4 hours ago.

EDIT: When I originally found this thread it said it was posted at 1:12PM, now OP's post says 4:12PM, either way, this issue has been happening for well over 6 hours regardless, with no word from anyone as to what is happening.

well I hope it is resolved quickly, I and a few of my guys are dying to get on. This is only my second week with this server, and I know things happen, but you would think there would be some info on this, since its been a day since it went down. I am a patient person but this is not good for business. Patiently waiting. :?

well I hope it is resolved quickly, I and a few of my guys are dying to get on. This is only my second week with this server, and I know things happen, but you would think there would be some info on this, since its been a day since it went down. I am a patient person but this is not good for business. Patiently waiting. :?

Agreed, I work in IT, it's my profession, I am a SysAdmin as well, and I'm somewhat surprised to see that this has gone on this long, while services like Pingdom are relatively inexpensive, and give you text alerts to let you know when systems to go down so you can be aware of what's happening with your business.

I'm not trying to come down hard on SS, but if you're going to involve yourself in IT, then at least apply yourself and don't half a#$ it.

Are we having problems with the servers? Mine has been down since last night ( 204.124.181.58:3802 ). I created a support ticket, just wondering if there is anything I can do on my side. I have alot of my guys emailing me asking whats up, and they cant get on. Thanks in advance.

My server has been running smooth for over 24 hours. Please wait for a response from your support ticket.

Seems like there is an issue, I've made a ticket about this to. Cant even install the beta patch.. just hangs at 10% downloading same for installing BEC aswell.

Could be anything from user error to technical issue. I will be passing on this information but please create a support ticket if you have not done so already.

I don't own a server here, someone I know does, but I was looking around for answers to this exact issue and stumbled upon this thread. Their server is on the exact same IP address as mentioned in OP's post, it would appear the entire server is completely down, or the address is no longer assigned to the box.

Either way, it's surprising to see there isn't apparently any alerts to the Tech team about issues such as this, using such things as Pingdom to verify up-time for servers.

Apparently anyone can get licensing for DayZ servers and they don't have to give a guarantee of competence. This issue existing for a period of nearly 12 hours is a little absurd, albeit for a game server, it's still highly unprofessional to see this matter yet to be resolved let alone addressed. Either way, I hope the matter is resolved quickly, and perhaps the team here should look into preserving up-time for their customers by using something that will alert them of issues such as this, or at least provide some form of communication on the matter, seeing as the OP posted almost 4 hours ago.

EDIT: When I originally found this thread it said it was posted at 1:12PM, now OP's post says 4:12PM, either way, this issue has been happening for well over 6 hours regardless, with no word from anyone as to what is happening.

A support ticket would be between the server owner and the tech team. You would not see any information regarding the status. Most people will post about the problem and when it is fixed leave to go play. I can assure you survival servers does their best to make sure all servers are running at 100% effectiveness.

Won't ask you for anything more than to be patient.

Agreed, I work in IT, it's my profession, I am a SysAdmin as well, and I'm somewhat surprised to see that this has gone on this long, while services like Pingdom are relatively inexpensive, and give you text alerts to let you know when systems to go down so you can be aware of what's happening with your business.

I'm not trying to come down hard on SS, but if you're going to involve yourself in IT, then at least apply yourself and don't half a#$ it.

I can assure you that Survival Servers doesn't "half a#$" anything they do for their customers. The tech team dedicates a lot of time and effort to bring us excellent servers at a low cost. Three months ago I got back into DayZ finding out that most private hives sucked due to selfish admins and terrible hosts. I decided it was time to create my own server and created the DayZ community that enjoyed playing the game the way it was designed to be played. I found Survival Servers and knowing it was a newer smaller company I took a chance and rented a server. I am glad I did.

Survival Servers gave me the opportunity to create a DayZ community a 100+ strong and growing. I started just like anyone else not knowing anything about servers. Created a bunch of support tickets and having them resolved. I would like to point out that almost 90% of those tickets were resolved and the problem was user error and not an error on Survival Servers Part. They have been improving on tools for the servers, improving the host harddrives, and more since I've joined. I offered my help as a moderator here to help the new people just like I was three months ago.

You may see your downtime and no response in six hours as a bad customer service but I see it as providing better service because within 24 hours you will have your issue resolved or a real response that will help fix your issue. You could go with a dedicated server elsewhere and pay 100+/mo to run and set it up yourself or find another company like Survival Servers but you won't find quality customer experience or people who want to help you and want to provide you with a great server.

All we ask is for a little patience and we will help you. My advice for support tickets is to document everything you have done. Give the most detailed logs of what you did and when you did it. Also do not reply to the support ticket if another issue arises. Create a new one. The support ticket system shows how long one has been sitting around with no reply and those are responded to first. Don't be afraid to create those tickets. You can always manually close it from the email if you resolve it yourself.

Also you can help other forum members by sharing how you fixed issues in new topics. Stick around and you'll see why I have enjoyed my time with this company. I am about to start up a second server soon.

I think the biggest issue here is that there is no communication from the tech team, not even an announcement which would take all of 30seconds to write just to say "XYZ service is currently under maintenance / down" as it stands people are led to believe that the tech team don't know there is a problem.

Waiting 24hrs in this day and age, online is pretty bad. Surely if the tickets take that long to reply to it either means there are alot of problems or alot of customers.. then in the latter case the company can afford another for the tech team to come in and help out. I get their servers are cheap but if this keeps on much longer then I'll be happy to pay for something a little more expensive. I thought I'd try a smaller company out, thought I'd get a bit more personalized support and just as timely but its not been like that at all, first impressions are the most important. All I read from the site and mod/admin posts is be patient.. I'm ok with that, I'm just not ok with there being nil communication.

It has that feeling of that this is just a side project, a hobby and a we'll get round to it when we're not watching TV or relaxing feel to it.

I'm usually a guy who will pay the extra and be called a mug for doing so by going for a well known company or brand in certain things and I'm starting to wish I had done that here.

My server is also been down since last night submitted a ticket this morning about it. 204.124.181.58:2302 hey atleast i got an auto repley. :roll:

I think the biggest issue here is that there is no communication from the tech team, not even an announcement which would take all of 30seconds to write just to say "XYZ service is currently under maintenance / down" as it stands people are led to believe that the tech team don't know there is a problem.

Waiting 24hrs in this day and age, online is pretty bad. Surely if the tickets take that long to reply to it either means there are alot of problems or alot of customers.. then in the latter case the company can afford another for the tech team to come in and help out. I get their servers are cheap but if this keeps on much longer then I'll be happy to pay for something a little more expensive. I thought I'd try a smaller company out, thought I'd get a bit more personalized support and just as timely but its not been like that at all, first impressions are the most important. All I read from the site and mod/admin posts is be patient.. I'm ok with that, I'm just not ok with there being nil communication.

It has that feeling of that this is just a side project, a hobby and a we'll get round to it when we're not watching TV or relaxing feel to it.

I'm usually a guy who will pay the extra and be called a mug for doing so by going for a well known company or brand in certain things and I'm starting to wish I had done that here.

Waiting at all for something good in this day and age seems hard. Having people who appreciate what they have seems hard. Survival Servers has probably tripled their customers by offering arma 2 and arma 3 regular servers. Same amount of employees plus more customers equals more workload. They could very well be more employees on the way but how do you expect them to notify you of a problem you don't have until something happens. It may have not been their servers that went down. Something could have been corrupted by the user or changed incorrectly. You cannot account for everything. Places like day.st, vilayer, and other hosts are the type once you give them your money they are happy. They will respond with generic answers sooner than 24 hours but results will take longer.

I have nothing to gain by acting nice or singing praises. I do so out of my own free will because the company has proven to me that they do care. Something that is hard to find with companies these days. Your server will be up and running and you will forget about this incident when weeks pass by with no issues. Out of three months of hosting I have had a handful of days of downtime. #1 reason, user error, causing the server not to load properly.

If you are not satisfied that is between you and the tech team. You can discuss via support ticket what you would like to do. I always ask people to be patient because everything takes time. People want instant results today and that can't always happen. Sometimes you just have to wait a little bit to get what you really want.

At the moment what I have, is a server not running correctly. Would you appreciate that? I'm not a novice when it comes to computers, far from it. I've literally just come from running 5 servers on a dedicated box but I understand not everyone has experience in this area.

I don't think you're reading the replies thoroughly, the problems have already been posted, tickets have already been submitted the issue here is lack of communication and with tickets being unanswered and no other way to contact, its left to this public medium. I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

I can handle being patient, and no disrespect is meant but the only person replying to anything, is someone who has no idea what is going on with either end of the problems. They may have proven to you that they care and have you as a loyal customer, your server is up and running all well but the new customers, going by this thread alone feel like we're being ignored and we have issues stopping us for firstly enjoying a game we obviously love and want to play and secondly as our subscription ticks down we're literally wasting money.

Ok I finally got a response. Seems there was a hard drive failure. Said that I was moved to a new IP. Does this mean that we lost all our progress in game. And I assume I going to have to set everything up all over again, TSW, etc.? This is not good. Took me days to get all that set up.

I put in a ticket asking about it and no word as of yet on the TWS. I dont want to reset tws if they are going to replace the hard drive and moves us back.

Your database which stores all the vehicle spawns, buildings, and your character should still be just fine. TSW may need to be set up again if the information it uses has changed.