Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Is anyone server properly working?

Ztev0G

Title? Is anyone's server working?

Lost all my progress after a few hours, don't want to start again now, and seems like my server keep shutting down on it's own. 

Hi,

I had the same issue,

I went on filezilla to the server and backed up everything physically. then reinstalled server and uploaded all files through filezilla again. that fixed my issue with server that kept shutting down.

My server just started shutting itself down after a good long session today... Now it's just one after another it if it is off being able to turn itself on would be a nice option during the hours I am away.

16 minutes ago, Darkbyte said:

My server just started shutting itself down after a good long session today... Now it's just one after another it if it is off being able to turn itself on would be a nice option during the hours I am away.

I'm using the custom restart for every monday (hopefully this works) right now after my reinstall I haven't had issues with the server just randomly shutting down (at least for a day now) It usually happend every night at 2 AM. now it keeps running and running smoothly.

6 hours ago, Nicky Guldbæk said:

Hi,

I had the same issue,

I went on filezilla to the server and backed up everything physically. then reinstalled server and uploaded all files through filezilla again. that fixed my issue with server that kept shutting down.

I’m wanting to give this a shot, however I’m wondering about some specifics. Are you backing up everything on the FTP? Just select all, download, and then when it finishes reinstalling you upload all of it? Or are you only backing up specific files/folders?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Aharit said:

I’m wanting to give this a shot, however I’m wondering about some specifics. Are you backing up everything on the FTP? Just select all, download, and then when it finishes reinstalling you upload all of it? Or are you only backing up specific files/folders?

Thank you!

At first I wanted to take folders with the name "Save" and "Saved" but later decided against it and just took everything :) I probably didn't need to, but I just didn't want me and any other person on my server to start over. :) 

Just now, KevH_FR said:

Mais du coup, a quel moment vous penser que vous vider du cache ou autre qui fait que ça lag ?@Nicky Guldbæk

The only thing I'm not uploading (I am backing it up though) is the log folders and cache folders. Because if it indeed is the logs and cache files making it crash, uploading them again would be futile as same issues would probably begin to show again. I'm certain they will show again over time. these symptoms started to show after 3 days of uptime. (1 or 2 random restarts it did itself) But so far. It's running with no issues at all. Time will tell if this is a permanent solution or just a temporary.

1 minute ago, KevH_FR said:

Vous êtes combien sur ton serveur d'ailleurs ?

I bought a 16 slot server and we are 15 in total regular players (that I know of) My Guild of 6 and a Guild of Moroccans of 6. and 3 on the side. not all are online at the same time though.

But I might expand the server so more people can join. But I'm certain that will put more stress on the servers as we can't scale the size (CPU and RAM) on them as other service providers have.

19 minutes ago, Aharit said:

Thank you!

Only thing I didn't upload back was the log and cache folders. just in case they were the issues.

I just came back to say many thanks Nicky I think you've helped out a lot of people so far potentially lol all I know is my server is still running after waking up today. Cheers mate someone gets this guy a cape and a beer!

Just now, Zerolight said:

Hi Nicky Guldbæk,

Which log and cache folders did you exclude? The Steam ones or just the ones in the Palworld Directory?

I believe all of them :) non of them is needed. the main ones are the "Save" & "Saved" folders or whatever they are called. One from Pal and one from Engine folder, the last one might not be needed, but better save than sorry!

@Nicky Guldbæk peut tu nous montrer plus préciser l'emplacement que tu récupère et ceux que tu ne garde pas après la remise à zéro du serveur, histoire que chacun réussisse sans mettre en danger les autres joueurs avec nous :), par la même occasion depuis ta latence est de combien en jeux rtt ? Merci pour le temps que tu donne en tout cas 👌 

11 minutes ago, KevH_FR said:

@Nicky Guldbæk peut tu nous montrer plus préciser l'emplacement que tu récupère et ceux que tu ne garde pas après la remise à zéro du serveur, histoire que chacun réussisse sans mettre en danger les autres joueurs avec nous :), par la même occasion depuis ta latence est de combien en jeux rtt ? Merci pour le temps que tu donne en tout cas 👌 

Sure, I can try make a small picture guide :D 

My server with currently 6 people on runs like this.

We don't really feel anything like jitter or lag at the moment. so pretty smooth for us.

Server is located in Frankfurt.

image.png.28bed8ca8edff41904b2ad1436d9196b.png

Ok, le l'AG est sans doute du a la partie serveur de palworld pour le coup, mais avec ta méthode tu nous confirme que quand il y a plus de 7 a 8 personnes dessus tu n'as pas de gros freeze et de ccrash par la suite ? :)

16 minutes ago, KevH_FR said:

I logged on FTP with Filezilla and copied everything from the server.

After that I marked the server for reinstall from the control panel.

When that was done, I logged on to the server to make sure it was completely fresh.

I then closed down the server. And started copying everything back, folder by folder. (except the log folder.)

Then after that was done (took about 30-45minutes) I started the server and tried login again and everything was back to where I left off.

I would put pictures up here for you, but for some reason I'm now not allowed :D 

4 minutes ago, KevH_FR said:

Ok, le l'AG est sans doute du a la partie serveur de palworld pour le coup, mais avec ta méthode tu nous confirme que quand il y a plus de 7 a 8 personnes dessus tu n'as pas de gros freeze et de ccrash par la suite ? :)

No not at all, the only thing I've noticed is that when we drop items on the ground it takes a second to realise it's dropped. but other than that. nothing :)

42 minutes ago, Zerolight said:

For some reason when I transfer the files over my server still gives me new characters and is making it save in a new folder. Is that normal?

Screenshot 2024-01-24 104437.png

It makes a new one for me as well, so that should be right. Do you have anything in the players folder? that one holds all data on the different players on the server.

image.png.57c5f92a22f1a547d340295bd4d600cb.png

Donc tout les fichiers marquer logs on supprime sans risque ?

Et le c'est SteamCMD ça fait rien sur les sauvegardes ? Ça ce réinstallé tout seul derrière ?

37 minutes ago, Nicky Guldbæk said:

It makes a new one for me as well, so that should be right. Do you have anything in the players folder? that one holds all data on the different players on the server.

image.png.57c5f92a22f1a547d340295bd4d600cb.png

Yeah my Players are in there and in the new one but it still resets me.