Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Found a base built by other players on private server

mpropeck232

Do you have a password on your server? If not its possible for people to guess an IP adress for a server on a service since alot of them will be somewhat similar. Also if they end up fixing the listing of servers in community servers when starting multiplayer then people could end up just seeing it in list and joining

When playing and you press escape in game, it shows only 2 players online when website says 4? Refresh console page to make sure the counts up to date, seems odd to me if those #s dont match. In the saved data on server theres a players folder, in thst there should be 1 coded folder per player thsts been on the server,  can check the number of folders with number of players you expect to have been on server.  I think the codes equate to a code for each player but need to double check how its setup. 

in the text chat, type /adminpassword [then your admin password) 
Hit enter
then type /showplayers
it'll show you who is online, and you can ban the other players

[Note this next bit is speculation on my part but is a potential work around if the above doesnt work out]
Alternatively, a possibly riskier method is to use FTP and navigate to the players folder, and sort by last modified after you and your friends log on and off, it should have your player files saved as the most recent. and you may be able to delete the other player files (or move them somewhere safe just incase)