Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server lost savegame

Godzealot

Hi,

Our server stopped and after starting it again, it's asking to create new characters.  The house is gone.  I tried stopping the server and chosing either restore point from the drop down, but they don't seem to do anything.  Just loads the newly created characters again.  I tried to FTP.  The only save games in the PAL folder are the new level 1 characters.  What should I do?

So I see a decent backup, the 507 KB one.  Does anyone have any idea how to load the backup?  I stopped the server, selected it, clicked the save and restart server, didn't work.  I stopped the server, highlighted the backup, started the server, didn't work.  I FTP with filezilla, the PAL savegame folder seems to have just the very latest files with no backup folders I can see.

image.png.2e1c85fc870888476284501ce4cde3d7.png

I'm having the same issue.  It just happened a few mins ago and I tried using a backup save file.  It just takes me to the character selection screen.

had same issue ,

was able to fix my server by following some instructions for the fix on nodecraft, cannot seem to link here without the reply getting flagged but maybe thats just it needs approval before it posts, dunno, but here is the link : https://nodecraft.com/support/games/palworld/fix-palworld-server-update-wiping-player-progress?fbclid=IwAR1fPCucIH_PlmLIHab1v3U10hWaBSjlYDB3BVRLnsfrrrS0f1-zdc7ArlA#h-restoring-the-save-data-reference-dfa

basicly I did the following:

Stopped server

I opened up the GameUserSettings.ini file that is located at /Pal/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/GameUserSettings.ini

Edit the entry on this file for DedicatedServerName and set it to the other code thats listed in saved games (there was 2)

then restarted

and it was back working

its now back to the game save from the other day without having lost progress

Until the comment i gave instructions on how to fix this gets approved, for now you can find my post about "Server backups working?" And i have the instructions there on how to fix this or at least what worked foe me

It's not working. Because I FTP in and check the file dates. Then after restore i waited extra long to be sure, and checked the save dates and they were all the recent dates.