Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server backups working?

Ironwulvt

It seemed all the data was reset today on the server and prompts to create new characters would happen. 

Tried restoring backups, but not sure if its either not working to restore or if maybe all the backups are broken or what, as it keeps coming back up in that state no matter what backup I try

Ok no does not appear that we can restore a server backup through the control panel UI. If you select a backup to restore, and save and restart it will just restart and the server will be in the same state it had been in

I have a ticket in hopefully to get them to be able to restore a backup but we need this ability to restore backups on our own in the control panel to actually work.

There is no backups listed on the FTP from what I can find to restore from, I believe they were copying off the current state and then restoring it if they ran into issues rather than using any of the actual backups

I'm in the same boat with my server, my friend and I lost a ton of progress and im trying to roll the server back but the control panel is not working. I keep hearing to roll back using FTP but i have no idea what the heck that is or how to go about using it to save our game. Anyone able to dumb it down and help me out?

was able to fix my server by following some instructions for the fix on nodecraft, cannot seem to link here without the reply getting flagged but maybe thats just it needs approval before it posts, dunno, but here is the link : https://nodecraft.com/support/games/palworld/fix-palworld-server-update-wiping-player-progress?fbclid=IwAR1fPCucIH_PlmLIHab1v3U10hWaBSjlYDB3BVRLnsfrrrS0f1-zdc7ArlA#h-restoring-the-save-data-reference-dfa

basicly I did the following:

Stopped server

I opened up the GameUserSettings.ini file that is located at /Pal/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/GameUserSettings.ini

Edit the entry on this file for DedicatedServerName and set it to the other code thats listed in saved games (there was 2)

then restarted

and it was back working

its now back to the game save from the other day without having lost progress