Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server ordered couple days ago, still "stopped"

MegatonSunder

The server was built shortly after I placed an order, but the on the server page I have the red "your server version may be outdated" message, and the server says stopped. To my knowledge the server has been been in a started state, though I did see it in an "unknown" state one time early Saturday.

I cannot access it from the game lobby, the attempt times out.

I have read the launch day thread and have tried starting the server and reinstalling the server several times, and from the instructions I am now doing the update/validate command every few hours. So far there has been no change.

Please advise.

I switched servers then switched back and was able to update and connect. Still lag issues in Texas server very badly while I'm in DE. We thought picking Texas best since not all of us in the same state. Alot of crashing and so forth.

1 minute ago, Hero78TV said:

I switched servers then switched back and was able to update and connect. Still lag issues in Texas server very badly while I'm in DE. We thought picking Texas best since not all of us in the same state. Alot of crashing and so forth.

Thank you for your help. Can you describe the process for switching servers? I'm not sure what you mean. We have only one server with Survival Servers.

46 minutes ago, MegatonSunder said:

Thank you for your help. Can you describe the process for switching servers? I'm not sure what you mean. We have only one server with Survival Servers.

Like from Dallas to New York. Then back if you want Dallas 

1 minute ago, Hero78TV said:

Like from Dallas to New York. Then back if you want Dallas 

Oh yeah ok, that sounds like a good idea. What are the steps for doing that? I'm checking but can see no way to do that so far. Thanks!

27 minutes ago, spdermnkey said:

I moved mine from Seattle to Los Angeles and it worked but then tried to move it back to Seattle and it looks like the migration failed. 

Yeah happened to me and I did it again for it to work. I still personally was unable to play the game. My server is just unplayable. I'm asking for refund

Make sure that you have gone to the server update option and run "save/validate." There is information about this issue in the faq's at the top of the page.