Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Origins Overpoch Taviana Server Help

Hi.

I apologize I am not used to forums so I am not sure of the etiquette used. So I guess I will jsut start off with the issues.

I admin a server for a friend and after reading all of the great things the origins mod brings to the game we decided to go with the original map where it started, taviana thinking this would be easier to figure out.

So far Section B does not work. I have tried adding modified server and mission PBO's. I have even tried using this persons from this thread of a different forum. (not sure if I can link on this forum so will provide later if that is okay) however I will include a spolier with the info in hte persons server.

Hi all,

I have decided to zip and release my OverpochOrigins server as I had a heart attack recently which was followed by complicated surgery and feel I need to scale back on things in my life that aren't as important as other stuff (like my family, kids, etc) so I am shutting this server down, so here are the files. First a bit about the server and what it has installed.

Please note, this server is FULLY WORKING with no errors either server or client side.

It has :

Origins 1.7.9.5 as base mod.
All Origins vehicles. Fully working Excavator, Taviander, Beast Kamaz, Buhanker, Scrap Ferry, M3 Bimmer, Submarine, etc, etc. (apart from upgrading them with armour, but SchwEde has a solution for that in one of his threads)
Most Origins buildings. (Thanks SchwEde) Level 1, 2 and 3 HERO houses, garages, pyramid and stronghold (except electronests). No bandit houses as I run PVE servers but isn't hard to add them in.
Mudzereli's Deploy Anything.
R3F Towing/Lifting
Zupa's Single Currency
Axecop/Zupa Single Currency Service Points
Zupa's Advanced Trading
eBay's ESSv2 Graphical Spawn Select
Central Locking Car Sounds, ore mining sounds, stronghold door sounds.
MV22/Armed SUV/Submarine and Excavator animations.
Smoke Hemp Script.
Zupa's Plot Management.
Adjust View Distance With Binoculars
Right Click Pistol for Suicide
Right Click Toolbox for Personal Bike
Mikeeeys Precise Base Building
Raymix's Snap Build Pro
Striker's Vector Building
Piggd's Chameleon Skin Changer
The Farix's Enhanced Vehicle Deployment (for Origins Housing)
2 Missions Systems (WAI and DZMS for missions, Sector B mayor, guards and Isle Krk guards)
Fully working Sector B with mayor, AI helipatrols, AI and loot Urals on both Sector B and Isle Krk)
4 Roaming AI Heli Patrols over Taviana and Novistrana.
2 seperate mining areas using sledgehammer to get ore to build origins housing.
Use animated excavator to knock down Origins housing. (Thanks SchwEde).
Submarine submerge and rise animations (Thanks SchwEde).
Trader Safezones
Lots of zombies.
Zombie Free Plotpole Areas.
Vehicle Godmode in Plotpole Areas (After a restart).
Coins on dead AI.
Remote execution of events (Only admins and must have "cobalt file" in their inventory to trigger menu).
Zombie Free Sector B.
Players can't log out on Sector B.
Map Markers for traders, mining area and Isle Krk.
Custom Loading Screen (will need to be changed for your own).
Custom Welcome Credits (will need to be changed for your own).
Custom Loot Tables.
Overwatch Weapons and Skins
Right Click Base Buildables
Custom Billboards (will need to be changed for your own).
Custom GUI.
Aircraft Vendors sell Origins vehicles.
2 Hero vendors (as I run PVE servers, you will need to change one to a bandit vendor for PVP).
Enhanced Death Messages.
Forced Name Tags (disable for PVP).
Force Save Vehicle Location.
Full Moon Nights.
R3F Weight Disabled.
Self Bloodbag.
God Mode Bases.
Reduced Construction Count. (1)
Config Based Single Currency Traders.
New Spawn Loadouts.

Plus MANY, MANY bug fixes, etc.

As I said, this server was running live until recently and totally error free.

Many thanks to the people I mentioned whose scripts I used, to SchwEde for the HOURS and HOURS of coding he provided to animate vehicles, houses and other Origins stuff and to anyone else I forgot to thank for the minor scripts, bug fixes and help along the way. This server was great to play on as it had everything you could ever want from an Overpochins server.

I had infiSTAR running on this server (that I have removed so you will need to add your own copy or use Admin Tools from Noxicarius) and was using infiSTAR to add money to players, spawn donator boxes, spawn origins boxes so players could build houses, spawn Origins vehicles, etc, etc. Players can build houses themselves by having the required humanity, a toolbox, etool and sledgehammer in their inventory, right clicking on the toolbox which will give the option to build a wooden crate in front of them that they then have to put the required items into to build the respective house. The building recipes I used were :

DZE_Origins_Humanity =
[
["Hero1",5000],
["Hero2",12000],
["Hero3",25000],
["Bandit1",-5000],
["Bandit2",-12000],
["Bandit3",-25000]
];

//Whats needed for Building Houses
DZE_Origins_House1 = [
["PartWoodPile", 20],
["PartOreSilver", 20],
["ItemCombolock", 1],
["PartGlass", 1],
["CinderBlocks", 5],
["MortarBucket", 2],
["PartGeneric", 5],
["ItemWire", 4],
["ItemWoodWall", 3],
["ItemWoodWallDoor", 1],
["ItemTankTrap", 5],
["ItemORP", 5]
];
DZE_Origins_House2 = [
["PartWoodPile", 40],
["PartOreSilver", 40],
["ItemCombolock", 1],
["ItemCorrugated", 2],
["CinderBlocks", 10],
["MortarBucket", 4],
["PartGeneric", 10],
["ItemWire", 8],
["ItemWoodWall", 6],
["ItemWoodWallDoor", 1],
["ItemTankTrap", 10],
["ItemAVE", 10]
];
DZE_Origins_House3 = [
["PartWoodPile", 60],
["PartOreSilver", 60],
["ItemCombolock", 1],
["PartVRotor", 2],
["CinderBlocks", 15],
["MortarBucket", 6],
["PartGeneric", 15],
["ItemWire", 12],
["ItemWoodWall", 9],
["ItemWoodWallDoor", 1],
["ItemTankTrap", 15],
["ItemARM", 15]
];
DZE_Origins_SG = [
["PartWoodPile", 80],
["PartOreSilver", 80],
["ItemCombolock", 1],
["PartFueltank", 1],
["CinderBlocks", 20],
["MortarBucket", 8],
["PartGeneric", 20],
["ItemWire", 16],
["ItemWoodWall", 12],
["ItemWoodWallDoor", 1],
["ItemTankTrap", 20],
["ItemLRK", 20]
];
DZE_Origins_LG = [
["PartWoodPile", 100],
["PartOreSilver", 100],
["ItemCombolock", 1],
["ItemJerrycan", 1],
["PartVRotor", 1],
["CinderBlocks", 25],
["MortarBucket", 10],
["PartGeneric", 25],
["ItemWire", 20],
["ItemWoodWall", 12],
["ItemWoodWallDoor", 1],
["ItemTankTrap", 25],
["ItemTNK", 25]
];
DZE_Origins_King = [
["PartWoodPile", 150],
["PartOreSilver", 75],
["ItemCombolock", 1],
["ItemLightBulb", 1],
["CinderBlocks", 300],
["MortarBucket", 50],
["PartGeneric", 50],
["ItemWire", 40],
["ItemWoodWall", 12],
["ItemWoodWallDoor", 1],
["ItemTankTrap", 50],
["ItemAVE", 30]
];
DZE_Origins_Stronghold = [
["PartWoodPile", 500],
["PartOreSilver", 75],
["ItemCombolock", 1],
["ItemGenerator", 1],
["PartEngine", 1],
["CinderBlocks", 50],
["MortarBucket", 50],
["PartGeneric", 50],
["ItemWire", 40],
["ItemWoodWall", 25],
["ItemWoodWallDoor", 12],
["ItemTankTrap", 50],
["ItemARM", 35]
];

Documents required to build houses are found on Sector B AI, the Mayor on Sector B, Isle Krk AI and some mission crates/AI. Only 2 ore veins spawn on the map, but players can "mine" for ore using sledgehammers at the two marked "mining" locations to gather enough ore to build the houses. Traders do not buy or sell ore.

Anyway, enjoy the server. It is super easy to set up. Just copy the files in the "Server" folder to your server root directory :

DayZ_Epoch_Server
Battleye Folder
Keys folder
DayzOrigins1.7.9.5 (not included)
DayzOverwatch (not included)

And copy the folder in the "Client" folder to your missions folder :

DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi

Adjust the loading screen, welcome credits and change the configs and variables in the init.sqf to your liking and away you go! The server also has support for JSRS (Jarhead Sounds) and Blastcore Visual Effects. If you don't want them, just delete the following from the keys folder :

jsrs15_v2.bikey
six_blastcore_visuals.bikey
warfxpe.bikey

Please note : I will NOT be providing ANY support to get this working. It's a straightforward install that anyone that knows what they are doing could do blindfolded.

Have fun!

https://mega.co.nz/#!8ZJxACoI!glCmDxYyBLmMBJFytHIUfIl4ytHfmZ0QqqVw71tjPIQ

PS : Don't forget to adjust your launch parameters. Mine were :

"-mod=@DayzOrigins1795;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

The only thing I did not do was have the mods in red

DayZ_Epoch_Server
Battleye Folder
Keys folder
DayzOrigins1.7.9.5 (not included)
DayzOverwatch (not included)

placed in the server PBO as they stated because I figured they were already on hte server. That and I did not know if I just downloaded them and placed them in there as is or if I needed to use only certain files.

However now I am back to square one and a freshly nuked server. This is a private server that will only be avaialble to a a few friends (5 at most) that just want to play together who live in the same area so it is very easy to test things and then wipe hte server if it does not work.

So I guess my questions are is the Section B stuff supposed to work right out of the box or do I need to do something to the server either with the standard SS PBO's on it or hte persons modded PBO's I listed?

Is it a load order thing either on the server end or the client end?

What would really be helpful is if there was a wiki or info page that explained modding, server setup and client setup to include load order of mods somewhere. And by server setup I mean while using a server company not setting up one from your house or for something other than DayZ mod for Arma 2.

I am a hands on learner or in this case a see it then do it learner. Everything I have come across so far has not helped me or was unrelated to my issues.

Thanks in advnace for any help.

I have seen that post from the Epoch forums but never tried running it. Sector B is something you have to create in the editor to get it to work properly. I never watched any YouTube videos or anything like that to learn how to code. It was all trial and error on a test server and that's all it was used for. Not sure if there are any videos out there that can help you. You could always try google. What I can tell you is that anytime you start working on mods like Epoch, Overwatch, and Origins when they are combined together they become a pain in the ass to work with and it could be days or weeks just to get some simple things working. When adding scripts to pbo's the order does matter to some extent but that is gained from experience or trial and error. For instance, I wouldn't try to add plot 4 life to an already modded server as it should be added first due to the files it involves. I hope this helps you...at least a little bit.

Thank you for your response. Yes it opens up other questions. But it also helped. I am assuming that I will need to install an AI like Sarge or DZAI in order to get that to work.

I think what would make me understand all this is if someone who was running the same exact thing I want to allowed me to use their server and mission PBO's. Understanding that the server will never be open to the public so there is no way to draw people away from their server. At least this way I could open the files up in Notepad ++ side by side and learn what is different and what makes what work. I think though I would be hard pressed to find anyone that would do that as they get nothing for it except if I couped them some cash. There is still the trust issue because I am just some random whose word of "I promise not to compete with your server" really does not mean anything because people do not know me.

Edited by haywiresoloist

Hi all. Rather than start a new thread I thought I would just ask a few more questions in this one, possibly not all at the same time.

Is there a reason why I do not have full access to the server files on an FTP connection? I was able to change a setting in the server.cfg however I was not able to access the MP missions folder and do what I needed to do there. Is this 550 error a thing on my end or on the server end? Do I need to be granted special permission for accessing those files? I have not sent in a trouble ticket as I am only an admin and not hte owner of hte server (renter rather) however if this needs to be done I can send a ticket, or have him do it rather. If those files are not accessible than this might be a deal breaker.

EDIT: After reading that it sounded a little threatening. What I meant by deal breaker is we would have to find another server company that allows full access and modification of files, so we can test and create the server we want. This does not mean we would not keep our SS server. We rather like our little survival server and we been with you guys awhile and you have always been keen on taking care of people.

Cheers mate.

Edited by haywiresoloist

In your control panel, scroll down to where you see Customize Your Game Server. That is where you download your mission and server PBO's. Those are the main files that you need. There are sticky tutorials in this forum what to do with those if you are confused.

I got those and thank you for the reply.

Maybe I am asking the wrong questions. We want to make our zombies do four things.

Be slower eg. walking dead type

Be headshot kill only.

Be more powerful like possibly one hit kill.

Increase spawn of zombies in towns. While also creating a consistent roaming horde.

The tutorials on doing these actions are all different. I stumbled upon GTX server video here

But I can only assume that every server is different in file structure as I was unable to find the folder or files they were talking about. Though that does not make sense as the mods are the same are they not?

I also mispoke. I was able to get into the MPMissions folder however it did not contain the required folder and file structure as in the video.

I apologize for that.

I think if you watch the video you will see why I am confused.

I sent this in a PM and was wondering how right or wrong it is.

I have been reading about customizing the zombie behavior. looking to do the following. Slower Zombies, more powerful and more of them.

I think I have the code stuff figured out and just need to figure out where the edited files belong. I know you take the files you need to change from Dayz_Code.pbo from the client side files. what I am not clear on is where you create the custom folder. Are you creating a custom or fixes folder inside the client side DayZ_Code.pbo file or are you creating a custom folder inside the mod folder @DayZ_Epoch or are you creating a folder in the root of your server side dayz_server.pbo or are you creating a folder inside the root of your server side missions pbo (in my case (dayz_1.tavi.pbo) and telling the compile.sqf to look there.

I could figure all this out if I knew how the whole command line was supposed to look. IE: "custom\wild_spawnZombies.sqf" is there more to it than that?

I am going to assume that it is so short because the compile.sqf is telling it to look in the dayz_server.pbo that is running your server and it does not have a file structure like "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\control_zombieAgent.sqf";

I was also wondering if I needed to fix all those files in each mod I have running. I believe though that Epoch and Overwatch are the only ones that have them. however if not then I would be able to do it to the lot. I suppose though it would only have to be done to the one that loads last as it would overwrite the other mods files? Either way I guess it would not hurt to do it to all of them as they would be overwritten anyway?

Edited by haywiresoloist

The reason you can't find what you're looking for is because that's specific to GTX and not Survival Servers. Survival Servers uses a custom control panel which in my opinion is way better than what those other companies use. All of your editing is in the Mission and Server PBO's. The only real reason that you need FTP is for uploading BE filters, unless you need to adjust other things but I usually leave mine alone. If you want walking zombies than you can simply go to the Epoch website and there are at least 2 different versions of Walking Dead Zombies. Off the top of my head, one was created by Zupa and is very simple to install. The other one has random speed walking zombies and when they hit you it was random as well. Mods are the generally the same but the customization of the PBO's is what makes the difference. You can have as many folders as you want just as long as you call the path correctly in the init.sqf or where ever it may be called from.

Ah. That explains a lot.

But I still have to change client side files for all of these things to work right?

I know this sucks. You all have probably moved on to Arma 3 and working on those mods. I can appreciate that and will get there eventually. However starting form scratch and learning this stuff is both fun and frustrating.

You do not change anything client side! That's a big no no. You would definitely mess up your files. I've never modified my client files for any reason. As long as you have the mods downloaded for the server type you are running then you will be good to go i.e. for "Epochins" you need Epoch and Origins, for "Overpochins" you need Epoch, Overwatch, and Origins. You just need to correctly install whatever scripts you want and enjoy the game.

Thanks to all of those who responded in the thread and via PM.

It was very helpful on your part and, it was just my lack of how the files organize on any given server that was the missing link. I could understand what you all were describing as to how the coding and scripting should look, however I did not know where the pieces went. After My friend explained to me how the whole things works, in detail through video and phone... I got it, well for the most part.

I was able to do the following to the server.

• 1.Get ElDubyas huge incredibly awesome server package running flawlessly. (props to you sir for creating such a beautiful amalgam of mods and addons)
  • 2. Make Zombies slower.
  • 3. Make Zombies HS kill only.
  • 4. Spawn more Zombies.
  • 5. Make Zombies more dangerous.

The last four items have taken DayZ from being a game where you did not have to worry about zombies and could take a lackadaisical approach to your server wanderings to a panic fest. The days of being surrounded by Zombies meaning nothing, looking at your gear or changing a tire with the attitude of "I got time" because I can bandage up... Yeah those days are over for me. It really brought back the survival fear the game when new and areas where not known had. Now when you have gear you love, and things that took you forever to gather riding on the fact that you stay alive, those risks you used to take do not seem so frivolous anymore. The realism of really having to weigh the benefits of going into an area and most likely dyeing VS what you will gain are real again. Every bullet counts. And even though they are slower you still have to choose the best course of action in weapons and tactics. You could go in guns a blazing as they are slow. But what if you fall? What if you are pinned down by AI? Being surrounded by 70 zombies that are most often 1 hit kill to you and only die if taken down by a head shot... Well the odds are no longer in your favor. And probably one of the major pluses of all of this is that the Zombies are back to being the number one threat on our server. The AI are dangerous and used to be what I worried about and died form the most. Now however the Zombies are at the top of the food chain again. The AI are still dangerous but their threat pales in comparison. I will put it this way. I would rather engage the AI than deal with a horde of zombies.

Being able to do all that on such a well polished server package as ElDubya has provided has made it an incredible experience.

There are a few little tweaks that need to be administered to the Zombies but they are minor polishing effects at best.

Now my big thing is to try and create an even greater feel of the Zombie apocalypse by making the streets a little more crowded with vehicles. Like the photos below. A mix of about 20 - 1 (non-salvageable to salvageable) vehicles. But do it in a way as to not cause server lag. Not sure if this can be done through the use of dynamic loaded vehicle spawns or static. Still a little unclear on what effects overall frame rate for the client.

zombies-highway.jpgvanishing-on-7th-street-abandoned-highwaatlanta-zombie-apocalypse.jpg?itok=xv-4Q52eb0a36aa93a.preview-620.jpgWalking+Dead+Still.jpg

zombie-highway.jpg

Also want to make it so that the stuff we build is persistent and never goes away. I know how to increase the amount of junk you can build and I can see where you can change the plot pole build radius and protection however I am unaware if there is an upper limit to those that by surpassing it you run the risk of destabilizing your server. I would also like to add a vehicle to the game but have never seen it done and it is actually a nice little truck and cannot understand why it has not been added. The Dingo is an awesome vehicle.  Every time I try to add it through the spawn menu it says it is there but it is invisible to me. Been like that since I started playing this game.

Anyways Cheers.

And if anyone who is super new to this stuff has questions I can try to answer them as best I can. Not because I am an expert now but because I finally understand how the system works and it is super easy once you are shown the proper way for your learning style. And that might be what someone needs. They would understand it if they could understand it. If that makes sense. Not everyone learns by rote.

• 2 weeks later...

New question.

We want to put the Army of The Czech Republic on our Dayz epoch server. However the files total 1.6GB does that sound right? Anyway Is there a trick to getting it on the server or is it just simply adding a folder in the root called @ACR and tranferring all hte client files to it?

Does survival servers even allow the uploading of gigs of files?

Cold we use the LITE version instead as I have heard of it being used for server side installs however the texture and sounds are lousy. Would the clients have to install the lite version of wioll their full version suffice and give back the required version matches.

Thanks

Thanks. Hey maybe you or someone else can answer another question for me.

So instead of using hte map editor and placing objects like debri and wrecked cars I have been going in and just spawning hte stuff in and then saving it to the server.

Is there a difference doing it that way?

Is one way better over the other?

Are the items I placed going to stay after whatever time hte server cleanup is set for?

If they are going ot be gone on server clean up could I jsut simply turn it off?

Okay so more than one question.

If you're spawning in buildings like "wrecks" with infiSTAR and you save it to the database, it should stay. As long as you do it right. Personally, I do not like too much on the server as it will create server lag. I try to keep my mission PBO under 3000kb per download. Adding premade map packs can go on the server PBO to save space but will still cause some lag at those areas. Now back to the question. The difference is that through the editor, you create a file that is uploaded to your server. With infiSTAR, it is not. One really isn't better than the other. Just depends what you are trying to accomplish.

Accomplish, I just want to make certain areas and streets congested with traffic, you know like how it would be if this stuff really went down.

I am not sure where the server lag starts to become an issue. I guess what I mean is at what point is it really diminishing returns. We want this server to be setup axactly how we all invision it and we all see different things. At most though there would only ever be six people MAX on this server and that would not even be all at once.

We still have some tweaks we are trying to get right.

I really want SargeAI on hte server even though we already have DZMS and WAI. I wold like to load some more vehicles and weapons on hte server as well. The Bohemia down loads I think is the next place I will look for them. Just not sure how they would get along on hte server.

So many different ways of doing things. Upload to server root, upload server pbo or mission pbo... different types of things call for different upload strategies. Confusing at times.

You can put Sarge AI on the server no problem. You'll have to fix it to work with 1.0.5.1 with the map you are running. Good luck adding more vehicles and weapons from the Bohemia downloads. They will not work with Epoch, unless you're trying to create a new MOD. Epoch for the most part already allows all Arma 2 native vehicles. You can find weapons here and here. Vehicles can be found here and here. If you are running Overwatch as well, the list of items are found here. Here is a dropbox link from Armatech that may be useful as well. That is the one that I used in the past.