Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Modifiy Server Config Tools

Storm

I love the new tool on the control panel but I have one small issue.  We had our server set to difficulty 0 for normal and that option is not available.  It is a drop down menu from 1 - 4 instead.  Can 0 be added or make it to where we can manual input what we want.  

The dinos levels are too high then where we want them.  I think it's from the difficulty level of the server but unsure.  I did put in a ticket about this but unsure when I will get answers.  Nor do I have a ticket number yet.  My players wants 0 difficulty and so do I.

If someone could do a quick review of the new tool and explain each area that would be also great.  I am going by instinct right now and hoping I hit bingo.

Trust me I am.  I do not have hours to sit here and play with settings to get this working.  That is why I am asking for help.  Parameters is locking up the server.  We cant set it to zero by using their tools.  Wish I can actually speak to them instead of putting in a ticket and going back and forth.  

I get this and its been an hour and nothing.  

Please wait, updating and restarting your server ..

IMPORTANT! DO NOT EXIT THIS PAGE.

This process could take up to 20 minutes to complete

Launch params will take precedence over any value set in the Modify Config tool.

I added 0 to the DifficultyOffset parameter.

If you have a check in place for ARK Update (Automatic) = enabled then it could take an extra long period of time to bring your server back up as it is validating all of your ARK files every time the server is started/restarted.

Ryan I have never been so greatful to see your name.... I will make sure that is not enable and fix my server... Your amazing, now just wish there was a way to contact you faster lol.  I will let you know if it plays nice with me or not.

Support ticket is the fastest way to contact us. I am not the only one that can answer these questions, our staff is very capable of handling these type of inquiries and I am responding to support tickets throughout the day as they are flagged to me (the most technical questions)

Its still locked up at the same screen.  The other screen we off but server was still shut down instead of restarting.  I disable the update thingy and try update settings and restart again.  Its been 30 minutes so far.  

The setting you input just showed up.  I took out the parameter and now restarted... I hope it works... Thanks 

Only question I have will the already input dinosaurs need to be killed off or will the restart fix that as well?

As of 20 minutes: 

GAME SERVER ID #7442

Started (0/30 players) Loading..
Last Start: 08/28/2015 12:00:43
The Island ARK Version ???
IP: 192.111.147.41:17115