Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to spawn vehicles?

Just looking for a basic step by step tutorial on how to spawn in vehicles. Either at a spawn point or anywhere on the map. Can this be done using the map tool or somewhere else?

Also can I spawn vehicles that are not in the current Dayz version without a mod and if I have to use a mod what is an ideal server side mod to use? I would really like a C130 or a Bradly APC

I didn't lock this topic because you asked other questions. In the future, remember that there are many people who have been here before you and discussed this. Please search and tinker with stuff to try and work things out. Look on youtube for step by step guides and how to add new features. If you have any server related questions or problems send in a support ticket.

Admin Map Tool (DayZ Tools)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=467

FAQ how to add vehicles via database (slow, outdated method, use the dayz tools or silent warrior)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58

Right click on Dayz Admin Map Tool to add vehicles. You can only add Dayz specific vehicles. This website is working on making an active list. You need rMod to add non dayz (regular arma 2 vehicles). Arma 2 is a military sim with endless possibilities. Dayz restricts a ton of that content for its own personal use. Everyone on the server needs to have the same modified file (hence the need for rmod) in order for custom vehicles to work.

http://www.dayzsuperhive.co.uk/object-library.html

I was able to add the vehicles on the map, thanks for the help and the links.

I'm working on getting custom non-dayz vehicles (tanks/jets) in without the use of rmod now. It seems that there is a way that you can by un-banning them? Any suggestions?

I have researched this at length and if you modify the file that bans the vehicles it is a file everyone on your server must have. Hence the reason for the small rmod file. Was an easy way to make everyone have that same unbanned file. There are ways around this as I have seen other servers do it but good luck finding the secret because they hang on to it dearly.