Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Questions regarding my new server....

3djoker

So last night I purchased a server from you guys after talking to Brian on Skype. I do have some questions that I could not find answers for though as well as a concern.

Firstly, I cannot change the config files at all with MoTD settings or to change the mission name because I want to run a custom map and I do not want it saying 404 wasteland since I am not going to be running wasteland. Every time I try to save my changes it says that it cannot do it because the file is in use by another program blah blah blah.... I did try to upload an altered .cfg file but it refuses to take (because it is in use I am guessing.) Anyways, how do I go about editing this so people do not try to join wanting to play wasteland and me using another mission?

Next, in TCAdmin, when I go to the stats page it says my server is stopped. It does not show any people connected or even that the machine is running on the main page of the admin panel either even with "autorefresh" checked. But if I try to connect remotely via the game, it shows my server as running and I can join just fine.

Lastly, how do I go about changing missions on my server? I managed to upload a couple missions to my server and the very first time I connected I was able to select which mission I wanted to play. Which is cool, but now i am stuck with that mission and do not know how to change it should I ever want to later on. What is the process of being able to switch missions (but to also go along with this I would need to be able to change the host name in the cfg file to reflect what mission I am running).

Thank you much for any responses and/or help on these issues.

Larry

Ok so I managed to figure out how to switch missions. Logging in as admin and typing #missions will bring up the mission selection screen. This is great, and will work fine. Now to be able to switch the host name so that it does not read 404 wasteland anymore. (i see the mission name will show whatever mission you are running and thats totally fine, I just need to be able to switch the host name out)

ok so I also managed how to change the host name.... would help if I read the whole welcome email. :roll:

just did a #shutdown to be able to save the changes.

Hope this helps others who might purchase a server and have these same questions.

Yep! You will need to do a server shutdown in order to edit your server.cfg.

You will have to be quick because the server will automatically restart within 60 seconds of shutting down. This is how our restarter currently works. If you would like to change the 60 seconds time to something longer, that can be arranged. Create a support ticket for that.