Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server down, Server in distress

Chuck

Hey was wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Well I had Epoch installed on my server. Love the mod even if it isn't supported by TSW or the SS admin tools. At least not yet.

Well I logged on last night and my players said it hadn't restarted since the last manual restart so of course i restarted it.

Big mistake, because all of a sudden it seemed to be trying to go back to preEpoch settings. Loading in my custom map and whatnot.

Well I looked into my cfg file and sure enough template had changed back to regular dayz as well as a few other things. So I shut down my server then tried to change them back to what i remember them being, the restarted server.

Bad things happened. Server kept restarting everytime it got up for a long time then finally just crashed and won't come back up at all. It now just says "Server Status : Error." which blows. I have a ticket in but was just wondering if anyone else is having an error or server spamming restart.

Ok got so feedback from the techs.

Apparently you can't save your cfg or hiveext files if you run epoch atm as it tries to put it back to chernarus vanilla or something.

Sad I have been down this whole time because i tried to change the time my server starts from 11 to 14 so i have some nightime in between restarts lol.

Oh well live and learn. Now i am just waiting for them to fix the error part and get my server back up.

If anyone is interested in trying epoch i will be more then happy to post my server and mumble info here as well as a link to help you set it up.

If you save your server.cfg it overwrites the server.cfg with the template + any of the customizations you made (to the config editor form only) - that means if you change the mission file it will be overwritten. If you have customizations in your server.cfg you need to first copy your server.cfg from text editor, make/save changes in server.cfg from Config Editor, then open up server.cfg in text editor and paste over the original server.cfg