Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Epoch Mod

Chuck

I am so loving this mod. It totally revamps dayz. Can't wait for this mod to be added to the list of click and apply mods lol.

I have only a couple issues and those are.

1. Maptools doesn't work on my server with this mod anymore.

2. TSW doesn't work either. This issue i will take up with The creator.

I have submitted a ticket but just wanted to get out there that this mod is awesome even if it does cause a few headaches lol.

I am so loving this mod. It totally revamps dayz. Can't wait for this mod to be added to the list of click and apply mods lol.

I have only a couple issues and those are.

1. Maptools doesn't work on my server with this mod anymore.

2. TSW doesn't work either. This issue i will take up with The creator.

I have submitted a ticket but just wanted to get out there that this mod is awesome even if it does cause a few headaches lol.

Thank you for the information.

EDIT: Looked into it. Looks like it adds a whole new aspect to Dayz. Instead of scrounging around after the apocalypse society is rebuilding and there is some order to the world. Will keep tabs on the mod and hopefully we can have this added in.

So I received and answer on my ticket about updating my server to 1.001 version of epoch on monday the first. They also said would be adding it into the mod manager soon as well.

Well here it is friday and no server update or access to it in mod manager. Can I get an update if its possible? My ticket just shows "In-progress"

Yes it is awesome. Unfortunately without the update i don't have a big following on my server since you cant DL .999 anymore lol. But yeah i even found a work around of not being able to edit the map by changing things through the database lol

How did you get Epoch on your server? I am confused by the fact that I cannot upload all the files needed for this yet the servers are advertised as "fully customizable".

Thank you in advance!

S.F.

If Survival Servers supported the Epoch mod and so did TSW I'd be all over it. I realise this is my first post but thought I'd put it out there as I'm currently looking to setup an Epoch server but with good admins tools.

For me not having the antihacks won't be a problem. I have a strong white listed community that will jump on and play but unless you have that EPOCH mod will make it extremely hard to moderate.

TSW will have to update to support it. Its quickly becoming one of the more popular dayz mods. but yeah i can live without it as well.

Bah that really sucks :(

As we wont be using a whitelisted server, are there any other admin tools we could use with the Survival Servers for admin tools for Epoch because in my experience of running 5 dayz its next to impossible to catch a teleporter or a god mode user as with name tags off.. you just cant see who it is.

Bit of a shame really, I hope TSW soon supports Epoch.

Truthfully I JUST want TSW back. I can live without everything else. Latest update on future content in Epoch was player made buildings like sheds and such made from mats found in game. Was pretty awesome.

Warning to Epoch admins.

With about 18 choppers spawning on the server you might want to lower the spawn number or remove them altogether since my friends epoch server was getting griefed hard by people just quick fixing a chopper and crashing them into people like they were playing wasteland or something.

Also don't be afraid to play around with the trader database. With a little work and common sense you can have them sell anything you want for however much you want.

TSW is quite nice. I just opened up my second server with SS for EPOCH. Will be amazing.

EDIT 4/30

I have closed my regular server and continued on with this epoch server. I am actually glad I do not have any admin maps. TSW ruined DayZ for me. I couldn't play very legit because I could see all the camps, vehicles, and people at all times. I would for the most part fly around and do a whole lot of nothing.

Now that I'm on EPOCH I will never play regular dayz again. EPOCH mod also removes all restrictions. You can have any vehicle you want in the game. Granted the database system is different and you can spawn one it at the click of a button but why...I am finally able to enjoy DayZ for what the game is again. There is an update right around the corner to add more features/fixes. I have customized the trader tables, the vehicle spawns and added AI to the server thanks to the guide created by one of our own on the forums.

This is going to be an EPIC month, two months, year, however long it takes to have standalone. I hope the dev team looks at everything the modders have accomplished and use some of it to make DayZ standalone an even better game.

• 1 month later...

Under the "Mods" section there was only Epoch Chernarus v1.0.0.1.

Which was fine since the only public available version was that one. Eventually they released Release Candidates and the Final Version and I decided to install those manually on my server, because I couldn't be patient enough to wait and I wanted all the fancy changes Epoch offered.

I also managed to install Towing/Heli-lifting mod, figured it would be handy for a game-mode where people could sell vehicles back to a NPC.

All in all, it's fun, quite enjoyable playing v1.0.1, but unfortunately it's hard to get your server filled with people if DayZCommander & Sixlauncher don't install v1.0.1 yet and people don't want to go through the trouble most of the time to manually install the newest Epoch on their system.

Today I checked the "Mods" section again and I can't find the "Epoch Chernarus" anymore, however I can find an SS-Antihack for Epoch. But I'll wait with installing that one for now. Not sure what it might ruin when it overwrites my dayz_server.pbo.

Under the "Mods" section there was only Epoch Chernarus v1.0.0.1.

Which was fine since the only public available version was that one. Eventually they released Release Candidates and the Final Version and I decided to install those manually on my server, because I couldn't be patient enough to wait and I wanted all the fancy changes Epoch offered.

I also managed to install Towing/Heli-lifting mod, figured it would be handy for a game-mode where people could sell vehicles back to a NPC.

All in all, it's fun, quite enjoyable playing v1.0.1, but unfortunately it's hard to get your server filled with people if DayZCommander & Sixlauncher don't install v1.0.1 yet and people don't want to go through the trouble most of the time to manually install the newest Epoch on their system.

Today I checked the "Mods" section again and I can't find the "Epoch Chernarus" anymore, however I can find an SS-Antihack for Epoch. But I'll wait with installing that one for now. Not sure what it might ruin when it overwrites my dayz_server.pbo.

They've mentioned that the map tool is not supported with epoch, can you confirm that this is true? Or do you still have some limited use with the map tool?

Also, do we know what the ETA for the 1.0.1 in the mod menu is going to be. I was with another hosting service, but they were giving me the run around about the epoch mod, plus these guys allow a ton more custimization with the servers themselves. I don't want to open up a ticket for a general question about something like that, but there doesn't seem to be any other way to contact them.