Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

need help setting up custom server codes in SS control panel

hannya

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?Multihome=192.111.147.36?Port=17115?QueryPort=17116?SessionName=Survival Servers | SurvivalServers.com?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerPassword=*******?ServerAdminPassword=********?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=17117?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk7679?NoTributeDownloads=true?ShowMapPalyerLocation=true?XPMultiplier=10?TamingSpeedMultiplier=10?HarvestAmountMultiplier=5?PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=-3?PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=-2?DinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=3?DinoCountMultiplier=3?ResoureRespawnPeriodMultiplier=-10?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=5?DifficultyOffset=1?

currently these are the settings i have and my server just infinitely tries to load but never does.

im new to coding so i don't know if i have too many question marks or not enough, or if i shouldn't use negative values to make food, etc, drain twice as slow, please someone help. The asterisks are to protect my passwords .

the problem is ryan that since i submitted the original ticket i forgot what my password is so i cant go back and look up the ticket number. I tried reseting my password but everytime i click on the email link i get redirected to a "400 bad request" page and it loads nothing in.

anyways heres the other info

my server is #7679

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?Multihome=167.114.211.109?Port=19615?QueryPort=19616?SessionName=Thors Gaming | SurvivalServers.com?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerPassword=*****?ServerAdminPassword=*************?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=19617?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk7679?NoTributeDownloads=true?ShowMapPalyerLocation=true?XPMultiplier=10?TamingSpeedMultiplier=10?HarvestAmountMultiplier=5?PlayerCharacteDinoCountMultiplier=3?ResourceRespawnPeriodMultiplier=0?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=5?DifficultyOffset=2

since this original post i got a ticket answered saying it was the wrong ip so i changed as well as checked the port and rcon port and made sure everything matches.

i would love to add the following as well but dont know how to make things take LONGER if im supossed to use negative values?

i would like to make food take twice as long to run out, water to take 3 times as long to run out, and resources to respawn 10 times slower or even not at all (so i can clear areas to build and see what it looks like and then turn back on resources later) and do i always need to end everything with a ? , even the last line?

base string for each are as follows

ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier=1

PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=1

PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=1

----------edit--------------

just notice some things were wrong but this still isnt working and i still dont know how to write code for SLOWER values

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?Multihome=167.114.211.109?Port=19615?QueryPort=19616?SessionName=Thors Gaming | SurvivalServers.com?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerPassword=*****?ServerAdminPassword=********?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=19617?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk7679?NoTributeDownloads?MapPlayerLocation?XPMultiplier=10?TamingSpeedMultiplier=10?HarvestAmountMultiplier=5?DinoCountMultiplier=3?ResourceRespawnPeriodMultiplier=0?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=5?DifficultyOffset=2

Edited by hannya

If you want it to take 2x as long for food to run out then put in this value PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=.500000 that will cut the time down in half. Then for water just do PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=.250000 as that will bring it down to 1/4 speed.

As far as resources re spawning near your building its hard coded into the game that when you lay down a foundation and harvest resources around it they will not respawn back over a certain radius of that foundation.

If you were to make it so it took 10x longer for your resources to come back after normal harvesting you would be waiting over 4 hrs for a tree to grow back or longer. Up to you what you want. ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier=.050000 is what i have and it seems to be fine.

Everything up to the last line needs a ? for it to work.

I just copied over the values from the /ShooterGame/Saved/Config/CleanSourceConfigs/GameUserSettings.ini that i wanted to change and added them to /ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/GameUserSettings.ini. Just go to the bottom of the page and add [serverSettings] then your values you want to change.

Example:

[serverSettings]
NightTimeSpeedScale=5.000000
DayCycleSpeedScale=.500000
DinoDamageMultiplier=1.500000
ClampResourceHarvestDamage=true
PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=.750000
PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=.750000
PlayerCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier=.750000
DinoCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier=.750000
PlayerCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier=4.000000
ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier=.050000
XPMultiplier=2.750000
NoTributeDownloads=true
AllowThirdPersonPlayer=True

You have to make sure you have 6 digits after the . or it will not work properly.

Also another thing that's important is i saved  those files on my Hard drive so i could right click on the file and select properties to change it to read only after i edited it. That way it cannot be wrote over in game when i copy it back over the ftp.

Good luck!