Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server cfg

blokgang

I changed the MOTD in the server config while the server was live. assuming since it was only the MOTD part, the change would be made next time server rebooted or crashed. The server pretty much went offline and didnt come back when i saved the changes. I guess no changes can be made to the cfg file while the server is up?

is there anything i can do to get it back online? or just wait on my support ticket?

From the way it sounds to me that you will need to have your server reset on their end due to the alpha build and no server .exe files being released yet. In the future I believe you want to use the #shutdown command in game then makes changes in those 30 seconds it takes for the server to restart. My server went down this morning and would not restart so i tried making small changes which I now believe only made it worse.

Heh yeah, I have mates texting and hopping in TS3 asking is it up yet. I sent my ticket about 3 hours ago. I did not make any changes when mine went down only after thinking it was resetting anyway. In the future I will have to be very careful in making any changes to MOTD and so on while in shutdown sequence for those few seconds...